Pressure pads "into" walls...

This is an archive of the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia forum
Seoub

Pressure pads "into" walls...

Post by Seoub »

Salut !
Je sais que ca a du être demandé avant mais je ne l'ai pas trouvé dans le forum. Comment créer un "pressure pad" dans un mur, comme au début du niveau Squelette ou avant la Master Key ??? L'Hex est toujours different, j'arrive pas a en créer ...

Hi
Is someone know how to create a "pressure pad" but "into" wall as in the riddle room (beginning of the skelletons level) or before the Master key ??? The Hex is always different for every pads, I can't create one ...

Plizzz help me, THX
Zyx
DSA Master

Re: Pressure pads "into" walls...

Post by Zyx »

I guess you're using Dmute. Beowuuf wrote a nice manual in the Tool section of the Downloads:
http://dmweb.free.fr/files/Tool-DMuteHexGuide.rar

Every wall object can be activated. The activation can be a mouse click, a object touching it, an object put in the alcove, another pressure pads activating it, etc.
You'll have all the details in the manual.
Write again if you still can't manage your effect.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Doh... Now that I explained it twice, I hope it's clearer! :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's in the 'complex puzzles' part of the and 'Pressure pads and wall objects ' section, if you want to look at it.

The hex that is important is the 3rd/4th byte (first two numbers in the bottom left corner) of the pressure pad, they are the function. So if you use Dmute to create the effect you want, then change these two numbers to the same numbers as the pad you want to copy, then this should work. The other important thing to check is the triggers. Check the triggers activating the pad you want to copy. The 7th byte (second last number, bottom right) of them should be a multiple of 40. So if you see a different number here (like 50, e0, etc) then add the difference to the triggers in the pad you are creating.

Best example is the two levers on level 2, that open the one door. If you look, the hex for the pressure pad is 5 18 - that's the important bit.
If you look at the two levers, you will see one is normal in the 7th byte, but one has +10 there. So if you recreate it, make sure one of your triggers has +10 in the 7th byte too (either one).

If you need further clarrfication, as zyx says post here : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Seoub

ok ...

Post by Seoub »

merci, les gars !!!

thank you, guys
I'll study the DMute Hex Guide more seriously...
Seoub

but...

Post by Seoub »

ok, ok ...
my "pressure pads" were good but I've never modified the triggers
however, the wall objects seems to remain "wall objects" when I modify Hex (they never become "pressures pads"). It doesn't matter ???
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: but...

Post by beowuuf »

The 'pressure pad' label is only when a wall object has no graphic assosiated with it (first number in the 6th byte is 0, or missing). So nope, it doesn't effect the object at all.

The only time a graphic affects a wall object is if you need to activate it with your mouse/object...in that case, you need something to click on!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!