Need help with DMute 1.3

This is an archive of the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia forum
Morzara

Need help with DMute 1.3

Post by Morzara »

I am able to open DM and CSB files and edit them to a small degree, but I can't figure out how to create new files, or edit all the dungen features. I can add/remove walls, edit actions on some items, but I can't add/remove doors, pressure pads, objects. What am I doing wrong?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Need help with DMute 1.3

Post by beowuuf »

You need to look at the .txt files that come with the download, but to summarise:

The mouse left click lets you toggle some tile states, and the right mouse button will let you edit the first object on a tile ...apart from that, it's keyboard driven.

Hovering the mouse over a tile and typing 't' will let you change the tile type, 'a' will let you add an object, 'd' will let you delete objects, 'e' will let you edit them.

Once you get the hang of it, you can get some tricks and tips from Ian's message board:

lol, nm, getting the link for it i see you have already posted there!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oops, forgot to say... you can't create new files from scratch...you have to 'save as' with another dungeon file to a different name and then alter that.

There should be a blank dungeon with only the hall of champion mirrors available from the forum downloads section though
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

You can use also P+# to alter position
H+# to edit the hex value of an object
Z+# to edit the hex value of a tile
Both last options are only if you know what you're aiming to.
Beowuuf wrote a very nice manual for Dmute, too.
Morzara

Post by Morzara »

Thanks. I thought to read the .txt files after posting here. :\