How do I stop sounds/music?

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

How do I stop sounds/music?

Post by Trantor »

It's nice to see how easy mp3s can be incorporated into RTC, but I encountered the following problem: If I play a long sound (like a piece of music), and then the player reaches another trigger that starts a new piece of music, the first one doesn't stop. How do I achieve that? Because as you can imagine, having two pieces of music playing at the same time is not desired. :wink:
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

same trigger activates a relay that deactivates the first music ?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Gah, I had the completely wrong concept! :shock: I totally missed the ambient music action; instead, I built a trigger that simply played the music as a sound. :roll: Thanks for your prompt reply Linflas!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

np :)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Another music question: If I have an ambient music, but the track is over, the speakers remain silent. Is there a way that the music starts automatically from the start, so it will play until the music is deactivated?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

There's a LOOP option checkbox for ambient sounds, at least there was the last time I looked... if you want to make seamlessly looping sounds, you need to use an uncompressed format like WAV or a compressed format like OGG. MP3 is no good as there is always a tiny pause at the end.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Thanks Gambit, sometimes I am just too blind for the obvious... :roll: I now converted a wav-file to an ogg-file, and I think it works fine. :)