CSB Pokemon

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
bitza
Apprentice

CSB Pokemon

Post by bitza »

Hi all,
Following on a OT thread elsewhere, I am currently in theprocess of convertingall themonsters from CSB (including Lord Chaos) into pokemon-style creatures. So far, I've managed most of them except for Demon, Oitu, Water Elemental, Materializer, animated armour, Giant Wasp, Mummy, Black Flame, Skeleton, Coatl, Vexirk and Magenta Worm (whihc is actually nearly half the creatures, but never mind...). ALso couldn't think of a pokemon for Lord Chaos, so he's actually a diddy dwarfwith big head who becomes a giant when he attacks (scary...). Next step will be to make a dungeon for them all. Initially I was going to put them in a 'Zoo' type dungeon to test if they looked ok, but was playing with the idea of a dungeon in which the Firestaff and powergem becametwopaarts of a Pokecatcher, and instead of flux-caging Chaos, you had to catch him with the Pokecatcher. I'll keep you posted...

Tell me what you think... :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Rofl interesting idea...not that I ever got that into Pokémon. So you've replaced DM creatures with actual Pokémon or just redrawn them as Pokémon-style creatures?
That would probably be funny anyway if you made some monsters look cute ;).
Apprentice

Post by bitza »

Well, I've found a complete pokemon list, so been cutting and pasting fromthem. Funniest one so far diddy cute dragon pokemon replacing red dragon. ('aww, look at the cute little *whumph* Aaargh!):D

yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a bit twisted.. ;)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Dragon...that be ohh what's it called...Dragonite...or maybe Charizard.
Yeah I know the names of the first 151 Pokémon (not necessarily off the top of my head and certainly not in order) but meh, I seem to have an ability to remember useless things ;).
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

If you're doing it in RTC, then you can use the "capture"-like mechanics as used in the complex actions example dungeon to pick the monsters up and just put them into your backpack...
bitza
Apprentice

Post by bitza »

ooh, gosh, now there's an idea... thanks George, I'll start fiddling about and see what I can figure out. I'm still a novice tho, so it might take a while. but watch this space... :)
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur - Screamersaur!