Films you hate

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

In no particular order, and sometimes for no outstanding reason -

Top ten films i remember hating / hate / mock:
1. Bad lieutenant
2. Crow II: city of angels
3. Spawn
4. Churchhill
5. Punch Drunk Love
6. Battle Royale II
7. Umm...this is getting hard, I usually mentally block films I really can't stand!
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

6. Battle Royale II

What a disappointment this was! especially after the first one

"We shall wage war........against all grown ups"

Ugh!
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Highlander II - what a stupid movie, especially if you did like the first Highlander movie. There can be only one after all.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Stryker
Novice

Post by Stryker »

Any zombie movie where the zombies talk, I wouldn't recommend..

I just find that kind of dumb..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh yes, true, highlander II - hmm, i have not seen the actual 'director's cut' before they buggered around with it though
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Just saw Alone in the Dark last week - Uwe Boll IS the next Ed Wood!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hey, this is a thread about stuff you *like*, not hate. Go and make another one!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, if I have a reputation for nothing else, it is for badly typed off topic random thread altering posts!

Or my addiction to coke : )
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Demonicus
Tombs of the Blind Dead III
A Knight's Tale
Don't Look in the Basement
Starfire Mutiny

This isn't to say I wouldn't watch them again. I'm a huge fan of B movies.
Stryker
Novice

Post by Stryker »

beowuuf wrote:Or my addiction to coke : )
*cough* 8)
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Dungeons & Dragons. It made me cringe with it's cheezy cornyness...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, yes, that movie sucked so badly it does deserve hatred. As someone pointed out, the four people going itn othe dungeon with a torch was the noyl good DM reminicent bit
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

It was like someone picked up some bad fanfic by mistake instead of a film script and carried on making the film anyway.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

watch the making of and you get an idea about why..
they had no idea of the movie they were making.. kind of wishy washy everywhere. They cut entire sequences from the movie even..

just a sad sad attempt at something with so much potential... and WTH is with the whole modernized guy pretending he's the past thing??? grr
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Yeah, it was like they did not know anything about dnd..read sth. on an interview with Gary Gigax/or Dave Arneson. But I do not have it in memory..
Better things will come in this regard.. just think about king kong (the new one) where they battle the bugs in the chasm : then I thought : great man !!!!
This was so cool dnd hack n' slay style-why not make a whole movie just with slaying critters in a fantasy style!!
With enough money there could be really awesome computer sequences.. Remember Jurassic Park? Now they have the meshes for dinosaurs..and it gets used in films. Since King Kong they have meshes for giant bugs..and now, they will get used!. Several meshes for dragons exist, too. I am sure some day we will get to see a really awesome fantasy movie.. (Why not based on the Dungeon Master story?! Give it 20 Years to ripe, alter it here and there and you are halfway there.).

I really do not like the new "Quentin Tarrantino" films: they are too bloody or brutally violent, too "socially questionable".
Mass murder family as heroes and protagonists?! Praise them ? Understand them ? I don't know.. Are the films "from him" a pressure release gauge?
:roll: Kill Bill was really "messed up" in parts. Does he want to shock people and show the deep pits of human instincts / behaviour?? Good parts are in there , too. Maybe I do not look at it from the right angle,who knows?
I asked my friend about bad movies and he said: Chuck Norris or Lundgren films, take any of them..
THey were fun earlier, I guess. When I was younger(and not supposed to watch them : ).
For closing, I have to say I cannot get much out of the very old black and white flicks.(I stopped watching them, and didn't start in the first place) Some are fun. But mummy films/vampire films are a bit disappointing (3 Seconds on the whole run you see the monster.Normally it gets killed in this three seconds. woo hoo!).
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I hate whole James Bond series, especially the lates part. It`s sooooo crap that I coudn`t believe something might be SO STUPID...

also - I hate 90% of so-called "american brainless commeddies", like "American Pie" etc. - I dont know if they totally aren`t funny or if I don`t have a sense of humour at all...? (but otherwise some british commedies are real masterpieces).
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Chuck Norris will roundhouse-kick you into oblivion for saying that zoooom. ;)
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

*shiver* :shock:
zoooom will very soon look like Sylvester Stallone in "Rocky" crying "Aaaaaadriaaaaaan! "
and "Aaaaaadriaaaaaan! " with a badly swollen eye -oh my!.
;)
Some other films I can hardly stand are country films.
(maybe I am "in" the wrong target group lol )

Walt Disney films , where they have , just have to and insist on singing I cannot watch for long. Not the whole movie. It can be amusing, though ( In Monty Python and the holy grail they did this right).
There was an experimental film about a singing scene of a film which was run back and forth, cut wildly- and then normal again.
This let the protagonist (marylin monroe?-was blackandwhite) have jagged , rough movements , banging eg. the head or stretching an arm to strange loop sounds.(A-a-a-a)
really weird but good. Opening a door took ages! Do you get the idea?
@Adamo
Did you know(or do you care?)that the name James Bond was taken by the writer off from a bird breeder sign, because it sounded great.
True - the new James Bonds somehow lack a certain something. I was never a great fan of James Bond but neverthe less disappointed by the newer ones.Maybe with the ending of the Cold War James Bond movies lost some of its right to exist/ logic. EHem I really want to write about sth. I like, I just realised, so enough!!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I hate really stupid comedies.. but you know.. I loved this one scene in one of them.. kung pow something or other... had a kungfu cow.. loved that.. the rest of it I could forget about :)

and cows in parachutes.. and rubber boots... :D (know what movie that's from?)

so in conclustion.. I like the cows .. if not the movies..

moo
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Lake Placid!

Betty White is a gem. :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lake Placid was a really great little comedy - like aracnophoebia was
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I thought Lake Placid was even better than Arachnophobia.

Should you ever come across a horror flick by Olaf Ittenbach, run and hide!
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

As a batman fan i was actually insulted by Batman Begins.

Christian Bale's "How to become Batman"

1) Wear the Costume
2) Put on a deep gruff voice
3) Thats it!!!

Plus it didnt FEEL like Gotham city at all, and what the hell was Michael Caine doing playing Alfred for gods sake.

Michael Caine's "How to become Alfred Pennyworth"

1) Wear the butlers suit
2) Play Michael Caine with no attempt whatsoever to appear more Alfred-esque
3) Thats it!!!

And as for Morgan Freeman! Dont even get me started on Morgan Freeman!

Morgan Freeman's how to play.........

ah you get the picture.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I couldn't disagree more with you DMDM. I thought Batman Begins was terrific, in fact, I would say it was the best movie of 2005 for me. But luckily, tastes are different.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I'd also have to say that Batman Begins was the best of the series. In fact so much better than previous that they are redoing them.:P

So, my next questions is about bale just putting on a mask and a deep voice.. how does that differ from the rest of the batmans? They didn't do anything else that was so particularily interesting. I fail to see the difference

and "doesn't feel like gotham??" what are you on about? Please tell me you don't like the bouncy neon gotham in the last two horrid failures?

I mean I must admit I did enjoy Tim burtons renditions.. but that's Tim burton.. I like his stuff... but it didn't feel right to me even at that time.. PSychotic and distracted bruce wayne?
Grrl
Sexy

Post by Grrl »

I can back up Beo's assessment of "Punch Drunk Love", and would just like to take a moment to THANK HIM hugely for sharing / forcing that experience with me / on me.
:shock:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, i am sure that was a joint decision...i just have experience with staying with bad films to the bitterend (like churchhill and bad lieutenant) when you wanted to bail out!
Grrl
Sexy

Post by Grrl »

Joint decision? I think not!! I'm pretty sure you were all "oh it's Adam Sandler it's got to be good" and I was all "I'm sunburnt, pick a movie so I can go lie on ice", and then BOOM you took away over 2 hrs of my life that I will never get back. It's sad really.
:cry:
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

i cant believe no ones mentioned Zoolander yet!!!
Last edited by Mindstone on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Beo wrote:
Top ten films i remember hating / hate / mock:
1. Bad lieutenant
are we talking about the same film? "Bad Lieutnant" from `91 with Harvey Kittel? It was one of the greatest films I`ve ever seen! Why did you put it on the top of the hate-list? Ok, you may not like that, but there is millions much worst films, such as "Police Academy", etc.
For those who haven`t seen: it`s about a bad cop, who`s addicted to drugs and losing money on hazard, etc. He`s bad and he`s life is a ruine. He`s a worn out wreck.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)