Spoilers

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
copperman
Um Master

Spoilers

Post by copperman »

As I read about custom dungeons I'm always coming across spoilers. Althought they are marked it's sometimes impossible to avoid them. Whilst reading another forum I visit for Kingdom of Loathing I noticed the board mods have added a spoiler BBcobe. Like a code tag you wrap your spoiler with it and it displays in thread with the same foreground and background, effectively hiding it from the casual reader. If you want to read the spoiler, simply select the content of the spoiler and hilighting will reveal it. Maybe the same could be added here to make casual spoiling a thing of the past. :D
Don't be scene or herd!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

We have had this idea before, but unfortunately, nothing came of it. I agree this would be a very good feature indeed.
copperman
Um Master

Post by copperman »

AFTER posting here i did a quick serch of www.phpbb.com http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/mod_search.p ... 39235f13e0

Seems there are a few solutions, worth a look ?
Don't be scene or herd!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It was my intention to add it, but I never got a round to it. And with my recent announcement, I probably never will!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i don't think this is really necessary. The way Zyx does it is very simple and efficient : use tiny font !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, plus if a thread has 'spoiler' on it, then don't read it

Otherwise, board members just need to have a bit of discipline and sensitivity in posting spoilers : )