rating system

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

rating system

Post by Adamo »

could we rate custom dungeons by polls?
every custom dungeon would have its own topic and a poll with a question: what do you think about
a) playability of this custom:
(1. excellent 2. very good 3. good 4. not bad 5 medium 6. poor 7. bad)
next poll would be about its
b) originality (1. excellent, 2. very good ... ),
c) difficulty (1. very hard, 2. hard, ... ),
d) puzzles (...),
e) replayability (...),
f) craft (...),
g) game ending (...),
h) atmosphere (...),
i) overall (...)

then we could easily compare percentage of votes for points 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 ,7 for each (a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i) questions.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

This has been done before, hasn't it?
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I meant polls, wchich you can just push an option - when you start new post, you can choose that poll option at the bottom of screen (like Paul just did poll for Gambit). Some people are just to lazy to show their opinion by writing letters on keyboard. They might do it by mouse button. I though it would be better to vote by pushing an options by poll options.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

People have already done that in reviews, the rating system there was already fixed to categories and was 0 - 10 (neophyte - expert or whatever) so there is no point in creating a second rating system. Plus I don't think flooding the board with 40 odd polls will help people decide, they will now have to wade through those topics (again) to see the dungeons anyway (these topics will of course get knocked by new ones) and it will push down every single other topic about custom dungeons too. Eventually I think there should be a seperate forum for downloading and reviewing the dungeons - each dungeon has its own topic, first post updated downloading info, then spoiler space, where with some spoiler space the reviews are. The first being a summary. There could be a poll template to really quickly quote and paste the numbers in, which I guess someone could edit the summary. But until that, not worth it. Plus, I have played all the old customs (new ones...not so much) and I can't remember a thing about half of them - I think if people don't write reviews at the time, then they probably won't remember enough to vote later.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I agree with Beo that polls for each custom dungeon would clog the forum, but I also like your idea Adamo. Another idea might be the following: Everybody could send a PM with their ratings to someone who calculates the average score. We could then create a stcky thread where these average scores are listed and update that thread. Of course, this would mean extra work for Zyx, who is the moderator of the Custom Dungeons section and already has little time on his hands. I am willing to accept the PMs and calculate the average scores, should this idea catch on. What do you think?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

We already discussed this and I said "No" to masses of polls. It becomes unmanageable in the current forums and I'm not creating anymore! We have too many already.

Christophe is working on a new system for managing and rating dungeons, which will be hosted on the Encylopedia. Check out his postings on it.