username and e-mail address in use, incorrect password.

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
guest with username taken

username and e-mail address in use, incorrect password.

Post by guest with username taken »

Hey, I apparently have registered here before, though I don't remember it. But my typical username as well as my e-mail address have been used, but my typical password does not work. Could I get someone to help me?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You haven't stated your username which would help!

DM Encyclopaedia log ins have also been ported over here, if that is it - if you send a message to Gambit he can send you your password.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, I'm being stupid, if you say your username any admin can give you a new password (sent to the original e-mail address), me included (I was just thinking in database terms)

Post by Guest »

ah, yeah I suppose the username would help wouldn't it? :p

Rico Len
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The e-mail address has been nulled out (this happens if ported from ported from DME), I can either delete the user and you can log in fresh, or mail me at beowuuf at dmjump dot net and I will mail you a new password for the existing account.

Post by Guest »

just delete it an I'll recreate I guess. :p thanks for your help :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Done!

Post by Guest »

doh... it's still saying the e-mail address is registered to another user... I don't have anything BUT ricolen@hotmail.com :p
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Check your e-mail - strange things are afoot, but I think that is you registered (you will need to activate the account through an auto-sent e-mail)

Post by Guest »

From who will the e-mail be, and what should the title on the e-mail be? Cause I'm not seeing anything in my regular nor junk e-mail folders.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There will be two, I forwarded you the original activation under my own e-mail address (from Michael Hutton, beowuuf@yahoo.com), called 'Fwd: Wlecome to the DM forums' and there will be a second auto-generated one from cowsmanaut at hotmail with the same title that is for the swapping over of e-mail addresses - this is the one you will need to use to re-activate the account (it de-activates when mail address is swapped)

I hope hotmail is just being slow and you will get it soon!

Post by Guest »

I take that back. I did get the one you (beowuuf) sent me telling me about how you activated it from your e-mail address then changed it to mine.

I can't log in still, and I tried the password given in the e-mail and also tried using the activation code but it errored on me saying "The activation key you supplied does not match any in the database."

Hmmm...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, that's why I said werid things were afoot...it complained about the e-mail address change, but it did say it had changed it, and a new activation mail should be sent to your e-mail address. That means the account is deactivated (which is why the password doens't work for now) and you can't use the origianl activation key to re-activate it. It needs to be the new one sent. Still hope it's a case of slow hotmail!

Were you ever a member of the RTC or DM Web boards? If so, under another name?

Post by Guest »

yup, DM web, under my real name, Martin Pervorse...

http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=7&i=19&t=19 (first response to Zyx's conflux upload)

The only e-mail I've gotten thus-far was the one you forwarded to me. Didn't get the one from cowsmanaut.

Post by Guest »

Sorry, maybe it's just me (probably is) but I find this to be rather humorous. :p

Just wish I could edit previous posts. I was also going to mention that when I was a member of dmweb I used the same e-mail address (I've had it since 1998)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Bingo! The DM Web and RTC, I beleive, didn't have their e-mail addresses nulled out, just the DM Encyclopaedia, but users were ported over here.

Ok, that's the name Rico Len and the e-mail address freed up again (the e-mail address was messed up for some reason which will be why you didn't get it) if you want to re-register *fingers crossed*

I'll also set up your other user name with the same password, so if you want to use that one instead give me about one minute : )
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This has, indeed, been rather humourous! (cough)

Right, good luck either registering, or using your old name. I beleive that is it! If you want to use your old account, then you will need to change the e-mail address (which involves changing the address and confirming your password). For some reason it tried to send to ricolenricolen - I believe that won't happen if you change it now : )
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

Hey check it out, I'm in. :p Thanks for you help. <phew!>

... ok now, if I could only remember what it was I wanted to post about yesterday. lol
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Eh, no problem *collapses on floor crying*

Welcome back to the forums then! Incase you didn't know, Conflux II has been released now, and it is damn good : ) It's the same dungeon, except massively reworked with lots of cool CSBwin features and additional tricks.
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

oh... that's what I was gonna post about... I even saved my post in notepad... thanks for reminding me. lol