another CSB forum

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

another CSB forum

Post by Adamo »

there`s now lot of topics and 288 posts in this forum allready (6 pages). Maybe it wouldn`t be bad idea to make new CSB forum now (discussion of using DSAs forum, for example, and to put all DSA topics wchich are here into that new forum)?
Paul Stevens, Zyx or someone who knows a lot about it could be it`s moderator(s).
I mean: two CSB forums instead of one.
What do you think?
Anyway, it`s just my idea.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It's not needed. The whole point of a forum is to keep related subjects together -- making another one wouldn't really help, it would make it more complicated.

Forums naturally have a life of their own -- popular topics stay refreshed while less interesting or useless posts drop to the bottom. That works fine and I see no reason to change it.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I agree with you Gambit. Besides, there is the search feature if you're looking for something you don't see on the first page.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I agree aswell, many, many pages are discussions that naturally died a death or were things sorted - if there is anything you think deserves to be kept alive, then perhaps it can be made sticky for a while by a moderator...
I think it is up to Paul really - does he feel he could benefit with more forums for different sections, as RTC has?

And indeed, the search function should help too : )
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

it is up to Paul really
I am happy as-is. Nothing gets into the right place
anyway. There would simply be more ways to
lose things.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I agree as well. Let's keep it this way.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The RTC forums are an exception because they were migrated from the eZboard forums and were originally set up that way and i didn't want to be the one to have to distill the posts into fewer forums....
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Poor Adamo, feel free to suggest stuff still, of course : )
I went throguh the last three pages of this forum and yes, as I thought it is all, with the exception of a few new spell/monster 'discussions' (read 'a Christopher yelling at PaulH about suggesting monsters and spells') threads on development. I think you will find only the top page is really worth considering - I might check the last few pages and see if any interesting discussions were buried, but really the current pages and links are your best DSA knowledge (only Paul and Zyx really understand it so far, depite its ease as a 'programming' language for DM!)