The future of the universe of DM...

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

What do you think about future of world of DM ?

It will live forever
33%
Its dead
No votes
It will live due to forums and fansites
67%
It will live due to clones and other
No votes

Total votes: 9

Arutha
Neophyte

The future of the universe of DM...

Post by Arutha »

FTL is dead, DM too?

How long time people will interest the world of DM? Almost all is already known, even talently written clone will not change the world of DM and a little add new... I think so...

May DM3 ? Real DM3... There is a hope?
Fiat lux! (лат. да будет свет!)
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Well come to think of it has any great game..or better yet has any game truly died even after the company dies?

I doubt it'll die...at least not for a very long time.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

DM will forever remain the de facto standard for clever dungeon crawls. There are updated versions being turned out, and I think future fans will be more attracted to these than the Amiga/PC originals. (I discovered DM on the SNES.) Whether or not anyone will pick up the story and expand on it is questionable. In truth, DM has a fairly shallow background. You won't get any Lord of the Rings-quality material out of it, but someone may see fit to make a sequel that expands on what already exists. I've frequently questioned the relevance of Skullkeep in lieu of the original game, and how other worlds might tie into all of it. Chaos, being the embodiment of man's evil, is an ever-lasting force. Surely it digs its claws into far more worlds than we've seen.