"Genetic Manipulation" Ingame?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

Do you "Biotech" your stats ingame when you gain levels(like save before if you don't get "good stats" you quit and try again?

Each and everytime anyone gains even 1 level, no matter how badly I'm doing.
17%
I did alot in the real early levels but stoped after awhile.
8%
When I can time it, If i'm hacking away for a LONG time or cast alot of spells and it would take along time to do so again then no.
No votes
Only moderately, if i'm bored or if I notice some stats that havn't gone up in a long while.
No votes
VERY RARELY, feels almost as bad as using an editor to beef up your characters.
8%
IT'S CHEATING!!!! NO WAY, NO HOW, NOT EVER!
33%
what? I've never thought about this before...
33%

Total votes: 12

ParuNexus
Adept

"Genetic Manipulation" Ingame?

Post by ParuNexus »

pretty simple really, Before you gain a Level, you save, you gain level check your stats if your not pleased you quit, load game and start over.
ParuNexus
Adept

me...

Post by ParuNexus »

I use to do it all the time, now i just do it alot. I quit normally when each character in the party gets abotu adept in all 4 class's.

I'm not entirely sure what is the best course of action for doing this but,

for fighting you shoudl be able to get +2 str +1 dex and a few more + in the Main stats, I don't worry about the mana, health and stamina

ninja i tihnk Reverse STr and Dex.

Keep an eye on Vitality thou, that rarely goes up. Esp if your gaining priest and wizard levels.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i prefer simply making one level more with my chars in the same time...
never have, never will...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

It's just too much of an effort. I was curious some times about how the maximum and minimum gains for each level were depending on how strong you already are but as far as I know there's no table for that... and it's quite boring having to save all the time so you end up with a save game just before climbing another level and re-loading multiple times to get good values. It spoils the dungeon ambience for me so never tried it.

Regards, PitD