Bugs found in editor

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Bugs found in editor

Post by Lubor Kolar »

I am impressed with the editor, but up to now I foung several bugs. First and most important is already mentioned here - it does not saves file, actually it truncates file to the zero length.
Second bug is - I have a trigger having as target itself (it's partly my foult, I clicked the wrong tile). When removing this trigger (pointing to itself) Editor crashed.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I guess this should not be possible - or is there any use in allowing such a trigger? Sounds like a possibility to crash the game engine pretty quickly, for example by greatly enhancing the monster, timer or object database beyond it's limits.

Regards, PitD
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Post by Lubor Kolar »

PicturesInTheDark wrote:I guess this should not be possible - or is there any use in allowing such a trigger? Sounds like a possibility to crash the game engine pretty quickly, for example by greatly enhancing the monster, timer or object database beyond it's limits.

Regards, PitD
No, I wrote it was my fault clicking bad tile (I should selected the tile one to north). But since editor let me do this (instead of showing error msg), it should allow me to remove it...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I'd even go as far as to say a future release should not allow this or at least warn you that this might produce severe errors. If it's likely to crash the game the possibility should be discarded.

Regards, PitD
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed the no save thing (a once character change in the source code - doh!).

As for the self-referencing triggers go, they should be allowed (that's how shooters work to repeatedly fire) - however the editor clearly shouldn't crash! I'll sort that out...