Inner foot wear

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Inner foot wear

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't know what's going on, but suddenly all my socks seem to have holes in them. It's not as if they were all bought at the same time and have all been worn equally. Perhaps it really is a sign of pverty and symbolises my current unemployment and lack of cash.

Can't even afford new ones. Boo hoo. :( :( :(
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Welcome to the holy socketted team!
I have a great collection myself. Maybe we could make some exchanges?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ever since i noticed about a year and a half ago that i had FINALLY got socks that seemed to resist my feet, i put holes in them all and never had a pair that lasted well since!

The last ones ever to last were army surplus ones, with the reinforced heel/toe and double stitching. Very cheap cpnciderign how they lasted
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Beo: Hmm, sounds like I should try the reinforced ones too.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You won't regret it, only regret telling yourself later 'these things are great, they haven't developed any holes at all'

dark forces are massed against socks, and have ears

True story, that sounds exactly like a jasper carrott sketch:
My friend bought 6 pairs, that is twleve identical socks, as he could always lost one of any pair of socks, and existed on 'kinda samey-ish' pairs he could create.
He ended up with only one of the twelve socks ina very short space of time.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Something else strange, besides the melting footwear, happened to me a while ago. I was trying to find an old demo disc from PC Gamer magazine to re-install the Unreal Tournament Bonus Pack. I searched everywhere, but could I find it? Course not. Then I noticed a message on the front of the magazine: "If your coverdisc is missing, please ask your newsagent". So i went down the road, popped into the shop and asked the guy behind the counter where my disc was. He said "It's down the back of the sofa where you left it." Sure enough, when I got home I found it exactly where he said it would be. Spooky, huh.....?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Beo: Have you ever heard of the sock monster..?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL, sarcastic shop owner or some zen master...
I would have called information myself, if i were american : )

Personally I can't put anything down on a surface and see it again. I have inverse tunnel vision where nothing directly infront registers. Everyone else in the technical side of my company suffers this too, whcih makes sharing tools and folders such a joy : )

Edit: Sock monsters? They don't exist...not since the Pen monsters at them all...
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

This reminds me of a story my dad told me about how there was a certain company that always made '20-pair sock' bags that sold for for only $1.99(approx. forgot real price). He told me about how cheap they were to where they would become balls of yarn after you put them in that washing machine.... :lol: ..Any ever had/heard of these socks before.

Beo:heh I still have that same problem as your friend plus the "pen monster" bit(esp. my blue and red pens..... :cry: )
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Fascinating threads here... anybody wanting to invite a psychologist please abandon the idea... as for myself, I keep losing socks on the way from the washing machine to the place where I hang them up and invariably lose about 1 or 2 a month (only right sides, of course, so they don't match even if I have more than one pair of the same style). Of course they pop up again... preferably when I decided to throw the single ones out.

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

As I pulled my sock up this morning, the whole thing ripped and half of it came away in my hand. I now have a nice foot-smelling, fashionable armband. :wink:

Bout time I bought some new ones I think... :lol: