DM2 Sound Problem

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Merlin

DM2 Sound Problem

Post by Merlin »

Hi,

I just bought an old Pentium 166 computer to be able to play old DOS games "like dm2". The motherboard is a Intel Atlantis board with intergrated Crystal PnP soundcard "Soundblaster Comp"....
Well i did install DM2 from my orginal cd together with the soundpatch found on this webpage and then i rebooted my computer with the soundblaster boostdisk "also found on this page".....
When i ran Setup both digital and midi worked fine but in game only Midi music works????? How could this be when everything works fine in dm2 setup? Could there be a hardware conflict of some sort? If anyone had the same experience or any other suggestions an answer would be nice...

Greetz: Merlin
Toni Y
Adept

Re: DM2 Sound Problem

Post by Toni Y »

Have you checked both the music and SFX volume settings in the disk icon menu?
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

I have the same problem on my old 486/66 computer.. even checked the volumes..guess it's just the way interplay coded it(or I did something wrong)
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Hi again,

There wasn`t anything wrong with the sound in DM2, the problem was the buggy sound patch i installed. When i deleted DM2 from my harddrive and reinstalled it without the sound patch everything worked like a clock :)

So it seemes like the sound patch instead och fixing the sound it destroyes the sound, he he ...

Merlin
joshua

Post by joshua »

i got the dm2 turntables, but i dont got the freakin cd anyone know where i can dl the software for free?
Hissa

Post by Hissa »

I am having a similar sound problem.
I have an original DM2 disk. The sound setup works fine but when I play the game I get no sound effects. I've checked the in-game volume settings.
The logo and intro sound is fine only the effects are not there.

I have a pentiun 150 laptop with the Crystal pnp sound chip.
I've installed new drivers from the manufacturer.
I've used the boot disk from this site.
I've tried the sound patch.
nothing works

I am now fooling around with the control, I/O, and codec registers

What is the diffrence between the setup sound and the way the game does it?????
HELP?!