starwars kid

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

starwars kid

Post by cowsmanaut »

just to let you know.. I'm only keeping these up a very short time. I don't want to have my bandwidth to go to hell so don't go posting this everywhere. You can find it all over the web as it is. I'm simply posting it from here as a convenience.

So this kid apparently left his tape in the school camcorder.. he had taped over their basketball game or something. Anyway, classmates found it and then decided it would be really cool to do something with it.

I'm certain that the poor bugger would be sorely embarrassed to have discovered this was found if not for the fact that they made him look kinda cool with the special effects. The lesson? Don't leave tapes of you doing wacky stuff around.

dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/images/Star_Wars_Kid.wmv
dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/images/Star_Wars_Kid_Remix.wmv
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Do you know where to download the WMV1 codec? My player refused to replay...

Regards, PitD
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

windows media player
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Thanks, worked on second try. But I failed at being amused and since you guessed him to be a "poor bugger" I am at a loss to see a reason why you posted them in the first place.

Regards, PitD
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

several reasons actually:

1. I find it amazing what a bunch of highschool geeks can put together on home or high school equipment
2. I figured as mentioned above that though the first set alone may be embarassing, the second "remix" likely had a good deal of apeal as I imagine it was what he hoped to do with it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't friends that did this in the first place.
3. the majority of society laughs at not only other people's mistakes but at their own as well. This particular peice is not in my oppinion all that bad. Kids will be kids.
4. lastly as I stated at the end of it. A reminder that leving personal materials in public places leaves you open to being mocked publicly.

so, really, if you do not wish to see it you do not need to watch it. I've seen far worse subitted to things like Maximum exposure or Americas funniest home videos. Some people will enjoy it some people won't.

Personally, I'm part way between.. I can identify with the boy, and I think that's part of the reason I can find some amusement from it. If *I* were in his place, I would be embarassed certainly but I would be able to laugh it off. I've suffered my share of ridicule and mockery and I think in the end came out a better and stronger person.. but perhaps thats just me.

At any rate, they will be taken down in a day or two.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

I did not mean to start a discussion, since this is your realm and your opinion.

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I found it reasonably amusing; and can relate to Cow's feelings about it. Hope the kid handles it well...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Don't worry my Wolfie friend.. I enjoy debates and discussions. I feel everyone is free to their own oppinion regardless if I agree with it or not. I wasn't giving you crap for anything or comming down on you. I was only answering your question. :)

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Indeed. Your answer was longer than expected and very detailed. Thank you.

Regards, PitD
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

interesting.. I thought I had posted this but I guess I forgot..

More news on the starwars kid has come to my attention. For people like myself and for someone like pictures in the dark especially it's good to hear that the Boy in these clips has been supported and even rewarded for his endurance through this obviously embarassing moment in his life.

A group of people put together a fund for people to donate money.. they were hoping to simply get him an Ipod but the dontations were far more than they had expected and the young man ended up getting a brand new Ibook instead. The simple fact that people had pulled together like this I think is like a salve to the wound of embarassment. Also, a few other releases of the same clip had been done and some of them make him look pretty damn good I must say. Others are in the line of humour though but with his new Ibook it would seem he is in good humour about them.

just FYI.

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Thank you. I'm glad to hear the videos were put to a use which does not just have the purpose to mock somebody.

Regards, PitD