Misleading warning for food value/charges on consumables

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Misleading warning for food value/charges on consumables

Post by Gambit37 »

If food value is 0 but charges is greater than 0, the editor generates a misleading warning:

"Non standard item charge 0 for item MISC_MAPSTATIC, expecting charge of 1"

The item in question HAS a charge of 1! Shouldn't this message be the other way around?

The item in question is a clone of MISC_ASHES. When cloning stuff to be consumed, should an existing consumable be used?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

I don't think that there are any hidden properties for food, but yes, as a matter of course I would recommend cloning an item from something that is roughly similar to what you want. If nothing else, it's quicker for you as there'll be less changes to make!

Try editing your text file directly to swap the base item from ashes to, say, an apple - let me know if you get the same warning message.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I can't seem to recreate this problem when I clone an apple and I stupidly deleted my other items before checking how they were setup! I've tried it with an apple set to 0 food/0 charges, 100 food,0 charges and 100 food/1 charge and no warnings are given.

Dunno if this proves anything!