A Nightmare Strikes Back v 0.5

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Leon79
Novice

A Nightmare Strikes Back v 0.5

Post by Leon79 »

New Dungeon for RTC (compiled on 0.45)

Added a few new things to the dungeon. While it isn't complete yet, there a few new elements to the dungeon. Hoping to release v 1.0 in the near future.

All comments as ever are helpful

http://www.mediafire.com/?8mmyyzyzm2r
All your base are belong to me.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I'll be giving it a bash at the weekend (and trying out the dungeon) :D
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

OK I've given it a first go taking Alice, Krystyn, Talyn and Will. Liked it - here's some comments...

The no light spells has an interesting effect (other than retaining semi-darkness) and that is my characters don't go up in wizard levels, but do get plenty of priest levels from making healing and poison cure potions. Harder to see things of course so more likely to miss keys and buttons. Dunno if there is a way in RTC to make something bad happen if you sleep (?)

Initially I didn't go down "nine, ten" so didn't pick either of those two characters or get the creepy music. Also I wonder if it is significant that Krystyn has a yellow skeleton and Alice's is white.

So far I've got one key from the "room of the key" and opened the first big orange door. Haven't found the second yet, or how to open the door next to the alcove with the bones and clothing in it. Might have missed something in the dark!
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

Thanks for the feedback. There is a secret switch (button) pretty close to the door you need to open.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I've now got a bit further, down into the Crypt. Loved the door skeleton - scary and deadly :twisted:

Edit - uhh I see the nasty skeletony ghost just happened to come through a door as I opened it. Since then I've killed Ron but not the skeleton one(s) yet.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Played a bit more in t'crypt. Elaine is also dead and 5 ghost skeletons plus one real skeleton (nice touch to have them together). Only trouble is I have to rest up mana to get Des Ew spells and there is no food. My 2 screamer slices and 1 steak were all eaten whilst button searching. Stamina potion, madame?
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

Ive added more food and stamina potions in version 0.6. Thanks for the feedback :)
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I wouldn't recommend adding stamina potions - every flask is quite a boost to the party. My comment was referring to the ladies in my party being forced to sup stamina potions instead of eating real food.

A *little* extra food would be good though - in form of edible monster remains of course (a few extra screamers, or make the hellhounds leave behind a shank) - you don't get a McDonalds in a nightmare... er, on the other hand... :wink:

One or two more projectiles (e.g. a couple of small rocks) would be welcomed also. Don't want to make it too easy though!
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

I'll update with version 0.6 soon. A few tweaks here and there and a lot more the dungeon is now in place.
Leon79
Novice

Post by Leon79 »

The full version is now complete. Just need to play test and iron out a few bugs.

Seems fitting as halloween is almost upon us to release it then.

:twisted:
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Quick quick quick !

Previous version was too frightening, and I didn't want to spoil too much before the full version...
What Is Your Quest ?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

bring on the dungeons
keep your gor coin handy