Chaos Strikes Back Help - Skeleton Key

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
colinpal
Neophyte

Chaos Strikes Back Help - Skeleton Key

Post by colinpal »

Hi everyone,

Firstly an introduction. I played Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back on the Amiga, Dungeon Master came free when we upgaded from 512K to 1 meg of memory. This was probably almost 20 years ago and to find that I can now play it on the PC using the RTC and other clones is amazing! Thanks to all those that have made this possible!

I have won Dungeon Master on the Amiga and more recently on the PC, however I have never been able to win Chaos Strikes back so I thought i'd give it another go.

I have 2 corbums and was on one of the final levels where you get the demons, black ghosts and the pink worms. A gigler approached me from behind and stole what I thought was just a weapon. At this time I only had one corbum so have played the game for a couple of hours since, anyway I have just noticed that my skeleton key is missing and I think the gigler took it.
I went back looking for it and killed one, it dropped the weapon I lost but also dropped a triangle key, not the skelton key. I never had the triange key before.

What do I do? Can I get another Skeleton key? Is the skeleton key crucial to winning the game?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

The Skeleton Key is not crucial to winning the game. It is just used to open some shortcuts (like in DM).

The "triangle key" you refer to is probably an Onyx Key; there are a few around and they are mostly used to reveal treasure that comes in pretty handy but is not necessary to win the game.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

If you are playing with CSBwin, then
you can use CSBuild to search the
dungeon for the key. No fair cheating! :wink: