RTC V0.40 Dungeon Master II demo

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

RTC V0.40 Dungeon Master II demo

Post by linflas »

*WHOA!* from a guy who thought he would never play DM2 anymore :D
i loaded it in RTC editor and i got really impressed : level 2 is monstruously awesome !
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

It almost seems a shame there is such a distinct contrast between the original DM/CSB graphics and the graphics from DMII...

Although it's very hard to see where you're going when it's heavy rain. But I guess that's the point! :D

But very yay for new monsters and new weapons!

I'm guessing all the unused space in the Demo is just where map layouts have been put into place, waiting for the next extension of the game to introduce a use for it all.

George, RTC just keeps getting better and better!

I've only been "with it" since v0.38 so perhaps my opinion is slightly biased, considering the vast differences between the three versions...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

George has made a massive enhancement since v0.35, but the DM2 demo is very recent. You would be really astonished if you had known RTC since v0.27, like me :)
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

I can't figure out what I need to do to get that 4th Clan Piece.

It was a nightmare trying to get to the room with it in after using my magic box to freeze the floor, just getting to the mummy corridor, but I got lucky.

Then the Clan Piece is always on the other side of the table so I can't reach it. When I put another item or my money box onto the table that moves to the other side too and I can't get it back!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

ZoKathRa wrote:It was a nightmare trying to get to the room with it in after using my magic box to freeze the floor, just getting to the mummy corridor, but I got lucky.
He he - I would have never thought of doing that, but yes, that would work nicely!
ZoKathRa wrote:I can't figure out what I need to do to get that 4th Clan Piece.

Then the Clan Piece is always on the other side of the table so I can't reach it.
Where have you seen a table like that one before? What did you do then to get items from the far side to the near side?
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

In a shop, which is why I placed my money box onto it.

The box was "accepted" but nothing happened and it wasn't retuned to me afterwards...

[Edit: It works when I place a gem on the table first, but if I put my money box on the table, then a gem, I get nothing and can't get my items back either. Would this be a bug?]
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Possibly, can't remember how DM2 handles this, sicne always just put down single item
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

In the standard shops at the start of the game, I get no problem when placing my money box on the table when selling/buying an item. The money is taken out, change placed in the box and the coins are all converted to the highest value/least number of objects.

Selling several objects at once also works (except that one time with a full quiver but that bug's fixed for v0.41).

Also, when I place money on the table separately from the money box, the resulting change is placed back into the box.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ooh weird...am I the only one who's never bought items by putting the whoe money box on the table? In DM2-proper (ie not the RTC demo version), you could haggle for stuff by putting down less than the exact price. If you got close the merchant would think about it...then you could just start putting down coppers till he nodded and accepted it. I'd only put my whole box on the table when getting it changed up at the Sell table.
And for buying the last Clan Key piece, you don't have to use a gem - a copper is fine.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I dind't mean shop mechanics, DM2 handled it the same way with the box - I just meant that puzzle....nevre put the box down on that table so can't remember if that confused the ghost...
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Now that Ameena mentions it, I remember the haggling in DM2. Can this also be done with the RTC shopkeepers?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Odd, I never ever thought to put down the whole money box, I always haggled and started with small coins and worked up.

The clan piece therefore was no challenge for me.... ;)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

No I never thought of it either. The Clan Key probably would've taken me a while to figure out, but as it was my dad got to that bit first and figured it out, and I was watching him, I didn't have to ;).
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

ZoKathRa wrote:In a shop, which is why I placed my money box onto it.

The box was "accepted" but nothing happened and it wasn't retuned to me afterwards...

[Edit: It works when I place a gem on the table first, but if I put my money box on the table, then a gem, I get nothing and can't get my items back either. Would this be a bug?]
It's a bug in the DMII txt file rather than the RTC engine - if you have a look at the relay that works out how much money is on the table, it only activates the exchange of items if there's *exactly* one piece of currency (of any denomination) on the table, rather than *at least* one...i.e. the problem isn't with the money box per se, just that it has more than one coin in it!

I've fixed this in the V0.41 version of DMII.