[Fixed for V0.41] DM II Demo

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
bellis
Neophyte

[Fixed for V0.41] DM II Demo

Post by bellis »

Hi and thanks for RTC..

Just one question.

Is all the spells for DM II implemented ?
I cant get some of them to work ..

// Bellis
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I assume the answer to be 'not yet'
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

I think they all do apart from the minion ones - if you know of any others that don't, please let me know.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I noticed that the physical aura spells (OhEwKu and OhEwRos) affect the whole party, as they are supposed to do, but the mental ones (OhEwDain and OhEwNeta) affect only the caster, albeit they are also supposed to be aura spells for the whole party. I think that should be fixed for V0.41 .
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Ah yes, that's just a typo in the txt file - now fixed.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Very minor optical quirk: The Tech-Mace is only glowing when it is in the right hand, it should glow in either hand
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Since I never played DM2 much and only long ago, I'm not sure: Is the ghost in the crypt really supposed to have the invincible flag?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

No it's not, and I've already removed the flag for V0.41!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

So, I finally had enough time at the machine that does run the DM2 demo and have played through completely.

Leaving aside a couple of minor inaccuracies and the rather view crashes it produced, and of course leaving aside that my equipment is a bit out-dated, I have to say, I'm very impressed and I think it's astonishing that this is just the second release of RTC's DM2 demo, or the third counting in Lighthouse's initial work. "To be continued...", absolutely!!

I'm curious how long it will be until the first custom dungeons based on the new DM2 stuff will be available.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Although they don't have the invincible flag, I just don't manage to kill a Vortex, not even if I corner one and pump 2300 Mana of MonDesEw into one (that should kill an archmaster vortex, shouldn't it)? Trying to attack with a Vorpal Balde is also without success, even by well-equipped On-masters with a complete 255-aura. What am I missing?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Oh, and the green gems in the caverns don't seem to regrow as they should (I checked there regularly, even after long periods of time, no gem regrow though).

And Beo just made me aware in Flashchat that there is/will be a puzzle inside castle skullkeep, that the RTC engine won't be able to handle. In FTL-DM2 you could click any item even from under a pile as long as some of its grafix was visible, so for the Zo-link you could slip the skeleton key from under the onyx key. RTC would need a severe engine modification or some workaround in order to prevent this puzzle from getting broken right away (says Beo - to be honest I only vaguely remember that puzzle).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

:) Well, not the engine mod, you will jsut need to do soemthing else for that puzzle...not let a party walk off that tile with both keys, or soemthing...

Hopefully I remmeber this puzzle right!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Gems growing back - that's just silly; it takes millions of years for that to happen!

As for the bio-magnet puzzle, I think it can be done with the existing mechanics...Ill give it a try and see.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

BTW, the Vortexes don't have the invincible flag set, but I think they do have perfect armour which would explain why you can't kill them!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Bah, gems growing only takes millions of years WITHOUT magic ;).
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Yeah, there aren't enough runes in the magical alphabet...
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Gems - yes, takes ages geologically. But since they DO grow back in FTL-DM2, they should do so also in RTC-DM2.

So is the Vortices perfect armour a bug or not? I think they should be killable.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Lunever wrote:So is the Vortices perfect armour a bug or not? I think they should be killable.
Depends on if you consider a Vortex to be a natural phenomenon or a monster really...
KlausM
Novice

Post by KlausM »

there are some more "bugs":

The DM2 torch is linked wrong, if you use it, it becomes a dm1 torch on convert.

The Monsters shouldn't mixed up in the terrain (e.g. thorn demons only in own area)

There are more thorn demons generated by monster generator in FTL-DM2 , and they push you back when hit you.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Well, I consider Vortices to be rather monsters, like kinda air elementals, and would make them susceptible to DesEw and Vorpal Blades, like water elementals and black flames. But to determine how to handle it in RTC I'd rather compare it to FTL-DM2. I think I remember them to be killable, but since it's long ago I'm not perfectly sure.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I started a game of O-DM once more, after having completed the DM2 demo, and there is 1 single, slightly annyoing difference:

While the well-working item-auto-placement of RTC made me use ninjas much more in RTC's DM1&CSB than in FTL-DM, I do not really use ninjas in DM2 because, as mentioned in other context before, it is currently incompatible with the quiver items. This does not matter in DM1/CSB, since there are no quiver items in these by default, but in DM2 it does matter. If the auto-placement could just also place items in containers held in a hand or the quiver inventory slot, at least for missiles (i.e. arrows & slayers, maybe rocks too), this problem would disappear I think.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

All now fixed for V0.41...

...apart from the gems - I've got a cunning plan for them... :shock:
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Now I wonder what that cunning plan could possibly be...