Anyone starting CSB should read this

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
smokinfish
Neophyte

Anyone starting CSB should read this

Post by smokinfish »

I've been reading this forum for a little while as I, like many, love both games, and have many happy memories palying them as a youth!

That is exactly my point. I was a youth - I completed the game aged 14/15! I didn't have any internet forums or guide books to help - all I had was......

When I got my copy of CSB for my Atari ST, it came with a shiny GOR coin, and the following poster/map - and it is my belief that if you have this map handy, you will complete the game much easier than you would if you didn't have it.

As it came with the game, I do not consider it a spoiler, and therefore attach it for any would be CSB-er to print off/look at etc!

As for the guys doing the emulating/porting/recoding etc - THANK YOU, and WELL DONE - you've made a lot of people very happy!

:)

smokinfish
Neophyte

PS:

Post by smokinfish »

I find if you save this as your stretched desktop background, a quick skeg of the windows key at those moments of confusion can work wonders!

;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, once you get it it is a nice hint for certain areas, isn't it?

Sure this was available somewhere before, but yes, it at least highlights the paths to avoid drop down pit confusion!
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

That's one of the things I liked about DM2. It came with that nifty map of the keep, which didn't really mean anything until after you solved all the puzzles. Still, I thought it was clever.
Kebes
Apprentice

Post by Kebes »

this looks great...

but sometimes i have a feeling that this game gets even more complicated with benevolent hints...

by the way, haven´t played CSB recently, but will resume after the easter weekend.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I've got that map and the Gor coin - they were two of the things I made sure I brought with me when I came up here (not because I have any particular use for them, simply because I think they're cool and want to keep them forever and ever :D).
Neophyte

Post by smokinfish »

i've lost both my trinkets along the years
:(