[Not a bug] Game speeds up when party is moving

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
DragonsLover
Craftsman

[Not a bug] Game speeds up when party is moving

Post by DragonsLover »

The game seems to lag more with the new version 0.35 of RTC. I tried for example to open the door and it opens not with the constant speed. I mean, it starts opening quickly and ends slowly. That's strange!

EDIT: Oh! Here's something interesting: When I move during the opening of the door, the animation goes faster. However, when I stop moving, the animation goes slower. It is really strange! :shock:

Is it normal?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Yes, that's normal.

Believe it or not, but DM (and therefore RTC) does not run in constant time. Game time runs slightly quicker when the party is doing something than it does when it's doing nothing. Early versions of RTC ran in constant time and it actually makes it very difficult to play!

One thing to bear in mind is that DM / RTC is a turn based game, not a real time game. It's just that the turns are very short (if the party is doing nothing then 1/6th of a second, but as mentioned above, this can be shorter if the party is moving) and so it looks like everything is running in real time.
DragonsLover
Craftsman

Post by DragonsLover »

Oh... ok then. It was just strange! :P