Some Practice art That I have done.

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jardice
Artisan

Some Practice art That I have done.

Post by Jardice »

I decided to do a little doodle on my spare time and this is the result.

It's just a practice drawing that I was doing to get used to the Wacom table and I though that I post it to share with everyone. If you have any suggestions/comments/bashes/etc. then feel free to post.

And don't worry about telling the truth with me either. :wink:

Edit- Hmm looks like I ran into a problem...Guess I need to sign up to a website to display it...oh well it was nothing importaint anyways but I'll find a place...
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sent it to beowuuf at dmjump dot net and i can host it for you if you don't find anything else, as long as it isn't too large : )
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

www.photobucket.com
free image hosting
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Thanks for the link but I had the problem sloved yesterday..for some ood reason though I couldn't get on....

Well any ways here it is..it's not much but I guess it's a good start when drawing with a tablet for the first time.

Edit-Hmm I thought I had the problem solved..oh well at least the link posted here helped me out(thanks again) although it's content limits bug me a bit it's a good alterative until I find a way to make my HD online useable or something.

well here it is...

Like I said it's not much and it was just practice....
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Here's another one with me practicing with dungeon walls and other objects.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to do proper coloring (or how to color/shade/the whole art deal) but it seems that Procreatve's Painter Classic doesn't seem to work that well doing so....Well there's always Adobe unless someone has some good pointers.

As posted this is nothing much...just something I wanted to share.
Meaningless quote:
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

nice job.. I mainly use Photoshop myself. Even though I do have Painter 8 (edu copy) I've not sat down to *really* learn it. I also have painter classic.. but no layers.. :P

I know how I do it for Photoshop.. but that's not gonna help you ;)

go read some tutorials. :)

www.GFXartist.com is a good place to find artists who use painter and some tutorials in painter are there as well.. I think..

moo
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

I really appreciate it, when artwork is shared here.
----- Thanks Jardice and thank you Cowsmanaut!!

I have to admit that this style of drawing doesn´t appeal to me that much(many strokes, not proportional), nevertheless the first one has a certain something(that comes from these many strokes, and it is kind of finished), and by looking at it, produces a feeling of hope and sort of longing for.

I think, that this picture bears your mark, that is, people know that Jardice has drawn it by looking at it. Well, some people may find it bad, others may like it, but i think what really counts is that you have fun creating them and like what´s the result.Art being always a topic where opinions differ.

With other words, i want to encourage you to go on with it -- maybe some day, you want to try a funny picture !! :)

Jardice,
My intention was to tell you sth. about oil colours and how you start a colour picture, but unfortunately i am a bit confused. (What are the different formats really good for? rgb, gif, tiff,jpeg,???compression??? WHat are transparent colours? in dm it is purple, in html it is translucent? How do i create such a no-colour colour?well,.....)

Maybe you should start with a background( having sth. on the canvas..)

For example take your avatar´s face,i do think that is a good example, it has one main colour(green), that is divided into three subcolours(light green for the nose and forehead), the normal green for the face and then there is the somewhat darker green(for the shadowed regions, like the eyes, cheek, ect.); sometimes there is a fourth colour ,being extra dark (mainly for the throat region)and a highlights colour (white spots, the nosetip, cheekbones).
You can go on with that and analyse the clothing, or hair...
I think it is manga/comic style...
-->in general "light" colours cannot easily "cover" darker colours, compare pressurepaintbrush% and rgb pictures, or water colours, maybe you know what i am pointing at..so if i am right, try to use lighter colours first and then darker ones.
(i do not know if this is applicable for computers and if it is any help).
:?
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

It's possible on computer....hmm actually that's a very goood suggestion zoooom...thanks for posting that.

Thanks for the comments...I'll take a look at the site Cowsmanaut posted and get some more pointers...till then more B&W practice I guess.

Oh and I think layers can be created in Painter classic..or did you mean something else?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

painter classic doesn't have layers.. Painter 2- and up have layers..
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Hmm I thought I've seen a layer option or something..oh well.

Back to practicing again.
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Been a few days but I have another piece of practiced work...was originally working on a color practice but the Painter Classic program crashed resulting in a corruped file(Still working with adobe on this) which leaves me with yet another object prectice piece.

Here it is:

From the looks of it it's suppose to be a fake, poorly decorative sword left in a stone-like building but as you can see I still have trouble trying to make stone look like stone by hand...well I guess I could pick up the skill soon after some more practice.
Meaningless quote:
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

http://www.3dluvr.com/content/section/9

painter tutorials

http://www.gfxartist.com/features/tutorials

the first three ron lemen tutorials are great. Head, hands, and colours.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

cowsmanaut, always a helping hand :)