Help! It Starts Intro Then Says BYE! (DM2)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gatsu
Neophyte

Help! It Starts Intro Then Says BYE! (DM2)

Post by Gatsu »

Ok, Hi i am new here had this game for a long time tried to install it about 10 times gave up after 2 minutes of trying to get it to work everytime. But i wanna get the thing to work when it does is starts shows the interplay logo and some ftl logo then the castle and name comes up once thats done the windw closes and a dos prompt window shows up saying bye no matter what even ifi dont touch it. Anyone eles have thisproblem are know what the heck is going on.
Ðü§tïñ §häñë
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If you are running under windows then it will do this as it hates windows, it needs to run under DOS
If you are running under DOS then make sure it's the dm2.bat file you are running, not the skulkeep.exe file, as it will also do that

If you can only run windows and can't get DOS, read a few of the posts below to find out about DOS box and the best settings to run it under
gobleteer
Apprentice

Post by gobleteer »

It also may be you need to change the sound setting, though unlikely.
Sar Master - 1%
G! d- s:- a15>? c++++(+) UL-@ P>++ L+ E? W+++$
!N>++ o? K- W-(+++) O? M?>+ V? PS++ PEY? PGP?
T+++() 5-->? X- R+++ tvb++++ DI@ D? G++ e->* h! !r !y(-)
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

The game absolutely will not run under any version of Windows. You need to run it in DOS, or use a DOS emulator (Dosbox, Virtual PC are both good choices). Also, I've noticed Virtual PC doesn't like the opening movies (tends to crash). To get around this, I copy the still Interplay logo over the other videos and rename them appropriately. The result is a longer Interplay logo, but the game loads fine.