SOTF Sins of the Father

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: SOTF

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

love it! just hilarious, hahahahahahaha, WTF, if this is a clue, man, you're crazy man. I can relate to almost everything in it. if that;s you and your cat, AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I am tripping here at 6 in the morning with this shot. now that's character.

GG did say have fun and he looks forward to playing the dungeons created, but where is his comments on dungeons produced. he should be happier than ever that you put together such diabolical dungeon. if I see this right, it looks like there are all eating and drinking everything, is it I need to eat something? you're one sick bastard son of a bitch, I hope others can design their dungeons as well as you.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos
Spoiler
I have been up the right hand gate and clicked on the face 2 times. The second time it throws me back onto the star where I started from
. Where do I go from there as every time I go up the other 2 gates it also puts me back on the star.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

masta,
Spoiler
once you have both lit you should be able to run up the right side and if you look at the map locator you'll see there is inlets with fireball holes and key holes, make sure both those jack o lantern faces are lit, you have to move fast! save each time you make it in, there are switches on each side you must press but it is the right side that moves forward, at the end is a big switch that'll open another area on the roof where you can climb down one of those pipes
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos when you say
Spoiler
both lit do you mean there are 2 different ones as i was under the impression you had to press the same right hand face twice. Obviously not the case. Can I ignore the left and central gate then
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

the first part of it, yes. if it sends you back then that's the wrong way. it's a hard one to do.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Cant get round this. Okay
Spoiler
first time i go up the right hand gate and press the face on the left wall which then lights up and sends me back to the star (is that correct so far?). Ok then do i go to the right again and press the face for the second time which also sends me back to the star. So far i have only gone through one gate which is the right hand one
. I somehow think you going to have to go through this sequentially as i just cant see the logic if it - sorry.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

at first I thought the same thing, but it's the right side you need to run, you'll be able to get through 4 gates, then you go to the left side and press that button and run as fast as you can to the right side and up. I bet this spot will get players stuck even with the answer, it is difficult. there is a sneaky monster in there to catch you off guard too. do you have the boots of speed?

puzzles get a lot harder than that masta. it seems stewy has built in speed tests everywhere, been a lot of fun, and it's only gotten better. lots of new monsters, sounds, items. it is a challenge, stewy wants players to carry a lot of items BUT with all the speed tests and the need for food so there is a lot of travel and it's hard on the stamina. I had to go back to the beginning to eat some tentacles, I was starving to death, still am shy of food. there seems to be a good balance in food supplies, I am not even in the castle yet. I have a couple of real difficult puzzles to do, if I can. I have been dying every time. don't make any assumptions, look at how the grapple works, some things are messed with, not everything is the same even though they might look the same.
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Master,

There are 4 sets of gates. Be sure that no one is overweight before you start. Drop anything you need to, you'll be able to get it back. For the first set
Spoiler
use the skull key on the skull keyhole and go down the right hand gates, you don't have to press the switch that lights up, that is only if you get stuck between the two gates
, for the 2nd set
Spoiler
use the skull key on the skull keyhole that doesn't have the fireball holes behind it, then go down the right hand set of gates. Again, the switch between the gates is only if you get stuck between the gates
, for the 3rd set
Spoiler
use the skull key on the skull key hole to the left of the middle gates, and then go down the middle gates
, for the 4th set
Spoiler
you'll find a ra key on the floor, but no ra keyhole. just touch the skull keyhole and a ra keyhole appears, use the ra key and the left gate opens. go through the left gate and there is a switch, flip the switch and the middle gate opens. Go in the middle gate to the closed gate and turn left, you'll see a button the wall, press it and the right gate opens.
It took me awhile to figure out how to open the last gate, as Chaos said the scroll clue at the start of the gates is important. Once you open the last gate there is a
Spoiler
big switch, flip it and a teleporter appears that takes you back to the beginning of this puzzle and opens all other gates on the roof
or at least that's how I remember it.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yup, we posted near the same time.

where are you located right now DMplayer?
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Probably not as far as you. You and Master started playing a few days before me. I just got the
Spoiler
crooked key from the underground area with the fireballs, poison eyes, darts, etc
and am trying to figure out what to do with it. I also haven't opened the door
Spoiler
in the ice bat area
yet.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

crooked key, I do not have one of those, I have the chuck and claw key and now the utility key. I do not know where those doors are????
are you sure it's called crooked key, if so I missed something back there. in the the ice bat area, do you see the floor plates?
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

You're right, it was the claw key. I have the chuck and claw key. I did go back to the ice bat area finish everything there. My first time there I didn't
Spoiler
move the tables around or go through the fake wall
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I believe that is all that is in there, I tried fireballing the walls in hopes of something for those keys. I use the location finder a lot but it is not 100% sure either. how is your food supplies? mine are non existent, I am hungry all the time, I think it is because I carry a lot of stuff. the day grave is proving difficult, I am about to try it again. there has to be an entrance into the castle soon.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

My food is okay for now. If it runs too low, the apple tree before the graveyard replenishes, although it's a bit far away. The hint scroll in the ice bat area was for the
Spoiler
fake wall. If it wasn't open when you went through it then you could use the fire cage with the fire imp to melt it open.
I didn't need to do this, but lbk is playing also and he did need to.

I'm still trying to figure out how to open the gate after you get the claw key.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

tell me where you are dm_player.

there is a spot I found where you can become trapped from going back to the roof top, it has only one plate to open door, if you step forward and back it will close and it can't be opened up again. make sure you save often and keep a backup of the save game. don't always kill a monster in trap situations until you're sure the trap is done. this game is fantastic, has a few quirks in it, I am sure stewy will correct things as we go.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Figured it out. You had to use
Spoiler
the throwing star to open the gate (THANKS! lbk).
Had to go back to the night cemetery to get the
Spoiler
fire imp cage
where I forgot to pick it back up. Wasted time, but got to kill a few rats for food.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

once those rats are gone x2, there are no more. food gets real scarce, I am thinking on killing two of my characters until I find a better supply of food.
I got stumped on that gate too, but I actually tried the throwing ice star, I was lucky to still have the caged fire, I like it for its light.
the other grave site is still a puzzle to me. got the other mithral chest, trying to get the third one.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

In the daylight grave site
Spoiler
have you used items on the graves to get the emerald keys? You have to use what the characters had on them in their mirrors in the original DM.
I don't have all of those items, but had a few of them and got some of the
Spoiler
emerald keys. I hope you don't need them all, as I'm not sure I remember where I left some of the items.
One of the grave stones
Spoiler
reveals a pit when you destroy it. There are bunch of zooming monsters down in the pit.
You could fireball most of them, but the Golem was a real pain. You had stand there as it
Spoiler
zoomed around and hit it every so often until it died.
After all of the monsters are dead, I'm not sure what to do next. I can see the mithral chest behind the web door but I haven't figured out how to open it. I didn't get the mithral chest from the area where
Spoiler
the thieves appeared and the chest was teleported behind the tree
either. So, I'm now trying to figure those out and also how to open the gate leaving the daylight grave site.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

DM_Player...
Spoiler
shit, you did the same thing I did with the pit and the rotating monsters, I pushed a mummy on the one pad and it opened a window of mages but I couldn't get in there, so I killed all the monsters too, took a while but according to stewy that was the wrong thing to do, I have not played much since until I know what to do
about the second mithral chest
Spoiler
I went back there after some time and I must of set something off because the tree was gone, not sure what did it though
thanks a whole bunch about the clue about the graves, I wouldn't have guessed it :)

who knows what's next in this dungeon, the castle must be soon.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos -

Did Stewy say what the right thing to do with the
Spoiler
zooming monsters
is? Do you know what to use to open the
Spoiler
azizi grave? In DM she had a dagger, halter top, barbarian hide and hide shield.
I don't remember seeing any of these things except
Spoiler
a DM2 dagger, and that doesn't work.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Push them bait them, do what you can to fill the hole
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

dm player, I have not had a chance to play, but I was able to use the
Spoiler
alien gauntlet to push the mummy on the one spot, problem is the gauntlet disappears after a few tries and it can't be recharged and I don't have the air rune yet
I lost a good part of a day killing the mosters I shouldn't have. I should have another go today.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

I may try that later. If you use the map, you see that there are other tiles that look like they open up on each wall in the chamber. So
Spoiler
you probably have to use the alien gauntlet to push a different monster onto the tile each time. The hint for the first is the open sarcophagus for the mummy.
There is a scroll that says
Spoiler
the hell rat likes this cheese, so you probably have to throw the cheese onto a tile that opens up for it.
But I don't know what the other two would be. It would take a lot of dying and trial and error to figure it out, and I'm not sure it's worth it to get a
Spoiler
mithral chest

MAJOR SPOILER
To open the 10 graves. The items are
Spoiler
Stamm - axe, Elija - blue freeze box (you get this from one of the other character's grave when it opens up), Linflas - elven doublet, Zed - mail aketon (you get this in before the graveyard in the underground chamber with the giant spider), Azizi - yellow halter top (you get this in the gems underground area), Gando - DM2 poison dart, Tiggy - wand (calm only), Alex - sling, Iado, samurai sword, and Hawk - arrow (regular kind)
I really think it's poor game design on Stewy's part not to have all of these items nearby (some are nearby). Once you get to the daylight graveyard and figure out the clue, it is VERY DIFFICULT to remember where the items you need are. It's just a waste of time having to go back and search everywhere you've been just to find the non-special, routine item, that you typically would not take with you, in order to progress in the game. In DM, when you needed the specific items for alcoves, there were all fairly close and nearby. You didn't have to go search the entire previous dungeon to find them. It's this kind of thing that discourages people and they quit playing the game.
Last edited by DM_Player on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:
there is a spot I found where you can become trapped from going back to the roof top, it has only one plate to open door, if you step forward and back it will close and it can't be opened up again.
This is at a web gate. BE VERY CAREFULL NOT TO DO THIS as you will not be able to get back to the beginning and you may need to backtrack to the beginning in order to get items that you need later on. It may cause you to have to start over from a very early save and replay a lot of the game.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ah, I tried everything you said above, I had no luck. I can see the same thing with the location finder map book, I thought killing those monsters would have opened the other walls up, but it didn't. I bet there is an air rune in that chest.
Spoiler
I found the yellow top somewhere, I think it was in a alcove with a rune, can't remember
I have yet to play today, still recovering from yesterdays fun with company.

I do agree with the removing the fun out of it a bit, but this type of dungeon is well thought out, he meant it to take a while I am sure which is why he said carry everything we can. the puzzles are rather tough. I think the monsters in that room should be invincible so we can't screw up. I will get back into the swing of it, my head is clearing up. this is really the only part of the dungeon that I didn't care for, other than that it has been a lot of fun.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yes, I had to go back a bit, I think he left out a trigger plate for it. I don't even know if he had anyone test his dungeon. it's remarkable that there isn't much problems with this huge dungeon.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I looked at DM, Aziz has
Spoiler
dagger, halter, shield and hide that she starts with
and Elija has the
Spoiler
magic box, sandlas and robe I think I have the robe, sandals and I found a magic box behind the grave and I think I have the dagger, halter, shield hide and hide.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

the graves when finished
Spoiler
open that last gate, leads downstairs
STEWY, this next part is making me jump, really really real nice work with the sound and how things explode look cool. I met ROCKY I believe, I can't wait to see how well you control him, I am excited.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

I finally found the yellow halter top and opened the last grave, but the gates still did not open. So I must be missing something. Did you need to do something in the zoom pit as well?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

DM-Player...
Spoiler
I only managed to get the mummy to move onto the plate in front of the sarcophagus, that room has pissed me off, lost a days playing in it trying to solve it and like you I made the mistake of killing everything because my gauntlet had run out of pushes
now I am back at that pit again, I think I need rocky to remove
Spoiler
the fallen rocks in front of the stairways, but he screwed off and I can't find him again
did you find a pick or chisel? anyway, I am alsmost at the give up point again, lack of food so I don't waste time gaining experience unless the sneaky stewy has rigged it to only produce food after so long??? not sure how he has done it but i'll wait until someone knows what to do at this point.
keep your gor coin handy