DM PC (Dosbox) warcry + positioning

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: DM PC (Dosbox) warcry + positioning

Post by Jan »

ferala wrote:And is there a PC version so i can import my current party?
Not really. But if you have played the original DM for PC under the Dosbox (as I understand it), there is a way to import you party into CSBwin, which is a 100% exact clone of CSB for Atari to PC Windows. But it's a bit complicated. Let me know if you want me to explain it. It was also explained elsewhere in these forums but I can't find it ATM.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
ferala
Apprentice

Post by ferala »

Gambit37 wrote:If you've not played CSB before, I would try and play the original version, rather than a clone. CSBWin is a Windows version of the original Atari ST version and is a good bet. But I'd personally recommend the Amiga version under the WinUAE emulator : slightly better graphics, much better sound and a couple of tools in game which make it easier than the Atari ST version.
I do like the idea of playing the original in the Amiga emulator, but all the new features that the clone has, like recording options, also appeals to me.

@Jan, i will not bother you with doing work for me until i really know what i want. :)
I will test out the RTC Clone and see what it is all about.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

@Ferala: I've moved your RTC questions to the RTC forum, please carry on there thanks:
http://dungeon-master.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=29101