Weapons with further range?

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
meadwarrior
Journeyman

Weapons with further range?

Post by meadwarrior »

Hello!

Would it be possible to make melee weapons with a larger range (that would enable second-row characters to attack as well, or first-row characters to attack two fields in front of them)?

Thanks!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Weapons with further range?

Post by Sophia »

Attacking from the back row is possible if you set back_attack to true for the weapon's arch or for the attack method.

I'm not sure what you mean by attacking two fields in front of them, unless you mean attacking two different monsters at the same time; doing that is not currently possible and would require restructuring the attack method code.
meadwarrior
Journeyman

Post by meadwarrior »

Ooh, nice! Everything should be so easy :D

The better word I should've used is probably tiles (front row heroes attack two tiles in front of them, meaning they can reach monsters further away with the weapons that have a further range), but having a weapon that can attack from the back is far more important for me.

Thanks!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think a full tile represents around 9-10 feet. What sort of mêlée weapons can attack something 20 feet away!?While the DM combat model is a bit of an abstraction, I think this would be pushing it a bit far... ;-)

Unless by tiles, you mean sub-tiles, ie, the half of the tile occupied by the two front champions or creatures?
meadwarrior
Journeyman

Post by meadwarrior »

Haha, that's true!
Sub-tiles would only complicate the matter even further, I suppose ;)

Attacking from the back row was what I was after, and I'm very happy that this has been thought of already!
Thanks!