Alter of Vi

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
lbk
Craftsman

Alter of Vi

Post by lbk »

I was wondering if anyone has had sucess with teleporting bones into an alter of vi and having the character be resurrected? I am working on a "life" spell that will take bones from the casters hands and teleport them to an alter of vi, but when the bones appear in the alter of vi they do not resurrect; they just sit there. If anyone has some insight on how to make the alter of vi resurrect bones with a trigger or some remote method, I would appreciate the help. Thanks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Alter of Vi

Post by beowuuf »

You have to actually place them in for it to work, it's just the mechanics of the engine. Is the property in the actions list that is ressurect party member?
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Using the resurrect party action when the bones were in the alter worked, thanks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'm glad that it worked out for you, despite my terrible sentence structure. :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

lbk wrote:Using the resurrect party action when the bones were in the alter worked, thanks.
Be careful with this -- it might seem to work fine with only one party member dead, but test it with multiple dead members. Resurrect Party doesn't always resurrect who you think it will!
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

I have done some testing with this and it always seems to resurrect the person who's bones I teleport to the altar, but more testing might be required.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Couldn't you use MOVE_ITEM_TO_OBJECT, to dump them on the altar?

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

I have tried using using the move item to object location, but I could not figure out to determine what item was targeted.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

The 1st instance in the dungeon (going level 0, level 1, etc... left to right through each line) is ALWAYS the destination.
There's no random select, or anything... :(

I used MOVE_ITEM_TO_OBJECT to create a "random" weather system a while back. So I did a whole lot of research on its inner workings (well its result, at least... and what works, what doesn't, etc). A word of warning: RTC can often "bomb out" when working with MOVE actions, be very careful when testing/debugging it. However it will be, by far, the easiest way, if you can get it to work the way you want easily.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone