Monster Teleporting

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Monster Teleporting

Post by Soaponarope »

Another day, another question. :)

I have made a sort of "monster shooter" using a series of teleporters which is meant to be a kind of wind tunnel you can activate to quickly push back small flying monsters like munchers.

It should work all correctly but everytime I try to playtest it the game crashes.

Is this just something the game engine can't handle?

Has anyone had any luck with monster teleports beyond blocking off an area?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Monster Teleporting

Post by Gambit37 »

You've probably gone into an infinite teleport loop or something.

See this thread for solution: http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... =6&t=28245
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Hmm, no my teleporter string ends up at a destination that stops, it doesn't loop.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

On a related note, I noticed when one monster gets teleported to a spot, remains there, and then another monster enters the teleporter, they get stuck.

When I tried a room full of monsters with a one tile backwards teleporter to keep them in the room until a trigger released them, it ended up making one big pile of stuck monsters.

I even noticed stuck monsters at one point when I played the original DM. This was on the scorpion level and was due to this bug.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

@Duckman: How many teleporters in a row? Are you using any delays? What are the OPBYs?

Did you read that whole thread I posted? Self targetting relays with no delay will also crash RTC.

Can't really help without more detailed information. Could you show a screen grab of your map or share the code that causes the problem?
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Ah okay, my mistake, I thought the delays was just referring to when it's looping. Yea, I forgot the delay that must be it. Thanks.

I just realized it would look strange without the delay anyway as they would just vanish.