teleport object into generated chest and monster

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
b1llygo4t
Apprentice

teleport object into generated chest and monster

Post by b1llygo4t »

hi! im a new member but iv been playing with rtc and lurking on this forum for years. im planning to make a complete custom dungeon (as in a whole new game with all custom grafix and sounds)

quick version: i want to generate a chest somewhere hidden, teleport items into it, generate a monster, then teleport the chest into the monster.

TL;DR version: my dungeon is a zombie apocalypse survival game. when my champions die i want everything they are carrying to be teleported into a generated container resembling a corpse, then have that container put into the a generated zombie. then the "bones" of the fallen champ expire and are replaced by the zombie, which you have to kill to their stuff. ALTERNATIVELY id realy like to be able to teleport the objects to the corpse, teleport the corpse to the spot the objects came from (allowing a chance to strip the corpse) then change into a zombie. if you didnt get the stuff before it changed you would have to kill it to get them.

tnx for your consideration
potion? what potion?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: teleport object into generated chest and monster

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi Billygoat, welcome! Your custom game sounds very cool, and the mechanic you talk about above is inspired!

I'm not sure that you can create items inside a container dynamically, but I haven't investigated that part of the engine very well. Another member here, Lord Bones, seems to have done a lot with the engine -- he might be able to help with this.
b1llygo4t
Apprentice

Post by b1llygo4t »

is there a limit to how many objects a monster can carry?
potion? what potion?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think it's 8.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can you generate an effect on a monster's death? If so, can't you activate a teleport from whatever location the items have been placed to the location of the death and fake it that way.

At worst the monster just needs to drop an instantly expiring 'object_here' pad or something and you have the engine move everything to the location of 'object_here' pad!

I think...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
b1llygo4t
Apprentice

Post by b1llygo4t »

good idea mr wolf, ill give that a try. is it worth submitting requests for RTC? theres a few simple things that could be added that would make RTC a bit more flexible
potion? what potion?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There's certainly no harm if you can spare the couple of minutes to post :)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!