Changing the main entrance door error!

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ShaggyDowns
Apprentice

Changing the main entrance door error!

Post by ShaggyDowns »

Greetings everyone,

I am having a problem with changing the main entrance doors. I didn't like the fact that the original CSB left door was 210, 322 and the right door was 256, 322. I decided to make some new doors using some graphics I have, but I want them to be BOTH 233, 322.

Well I did it and it looks great, both doors are exactly the same size. I can even open them and go into my dungeon when testing. Although, RTC doesn't like the fact that they aren't the exact sizes above and won't create the RTC file. I get the following errors:

*** CRITICAL ERROR (line 797): Invalid size for graphic DOOR_LEFT. Given bitmap BITMAP_ENTRANCE_DOOR_LEFT_IRONSKULL of size 233,322. Expecting bitmap of size 210,322.
*** CRITICAL ERROR (line 798): Invalid size for graphic DOOR_RIGHT. Given bitmap BITMAP_ENTRANCE_DOOR_RIGHT_IRONSKULL of size 233,322. Expecting bitmap of size 256,322.

Anyone know how I can change it so that it will accept my new door/sizes and spit out an RTC file for me? Is it possible or do I have to always keep the same bitmap sizes? I am using the CSB entrance background.

Thanks in advance!

~SD~
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If it's a CRITICAL ERROR, then you will need to fix it as you won't be able to compile your dungeon to let people play it.

I guess this has to be a fixed size due to the animation being hard-coded. You can ask GG to look at it if it's a real problem for you.

For now, I'd ensure your bitmap sizes match the originals.
ShaggyDowns
Apprentice

Post by ShaggyDowns »

Okies,

I guess I will have to make due then! :wink:

Thanks for the help.

~SD~