DM 1 Style Dungeon Hack Sprites

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Starfish
Novice

DM 1 Style Dungeon Hack Sprites

Post by Starfish »

I just made these as a test, it was done by taking the graphics from Dungeon Hack using XWE and then recoloring them and editing them to look more DM1 Friendly.

After my first "test" I realised the problem is I have black outlines and didn't put the shadow in properly

I think on my next one I'm doing better, don't you think?

I hope to do walls and stuff here eventually but this is just my first test I did today. Feel free to use any of this for your custom dungeons.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

nice job Starfish!!!
I though you may find THIS usefull
http://www.thedungeonmaster.com/MyMiniatures.pdf

You can spin some of them here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mg/20050324a

there`s a thread describing how to edit them:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=26893

could you publish all the Dungeon Hack`s rips somewhere?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome to the forums starfish!

Yeah, these rips look good - they would be a fine addition to any dungeon :D
Starfish
Novice

Post by Starfish »

Well as of now I only have two rips so far, but the original Dungeon Hack sprites look like Eye of Beholder like quality, which is why I've been editing them down to look more DM1 style, since most people seem to like editing the original DM stuff the best. I hope to have dm1 style environments too so we can see more then just those grey stone walls.

If you want I can post the rips as is, but there is ALOT and I mean ALOT of stuff in it.

Lemme finish the blue armored skeleton guy Im working on now, and maybe I'll do some requests of Dungeon hack stuff.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Looking good!

If you were to use these in CSBWin rather than RTC, be careful which colours you use -- not all colours are available all the time, depending on palette priority. There are some topics on here about that. For example, your Naga uses the mid orange that is a 'swappable' colour -- if you have a monster using purple on the same level and the priority is set incorrectly, your orange parts will become purple...
Starfish
Novice

Post by Starfish »

That's very important information to have. Do you have any documentation on the pallette so I can continue on these so that they will be compatible with most versions of DM?

As of the moment these are not going to be used for personal projects I am just doing these for fun and thought others may be able to use them.

anyway here's the rest of the skeleton warrior guy:

Last edited by Starfish on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Those snakes look cool...the body shape looks exactly the same as the snakes from Stonekeep - is that where they're from? Well, obviously Stonekeep graphics aren't done in Paintbrush but you know what I mean ;).
Anyway, they look cool with the skully faces :twisted:.

Post by Starfish »

Actually they are from dungeon hack. Not sure what to do next, I checked out some of the walls in dungeon hack and Im not too pleased, but I'm still digging.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Looking good! I might actually use that skeleton warrior for my dungeon (should it ever be finished). There already is a certain "special monster" in it that might fit the skeleton. Thanks for sharing!
Starfish
Novice

Post by Starfish »

Lol, he is finished, all his sprites are up above.

Unless there's something missing.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think he meant his dungeon :D
Starfish
Novice

Post by Starfish »

I got a hold of Eye of the beholder and I'll be perusing that for some wall sets, as I really don't like alot of what is in Dungeon Hack in the way of walls, but some of the stuff in EOB looks pretty slick. I also got lands of Lore but I don't know how compatible that is with XWE just yet, but I'll be playing around with them.

Also while Im still messing around with monsters, anyone have any types of monsters they've been looking for? Dungeon hack has alot to offer, but I'm not gonna just be pumping these out only to have no one use them.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

then, make you own dungeon ! ;)
Starfish
Novice

Post by Starfish »

Lol, I wish I had infinite time, but my head is deep into so many projects right now. I work full time in the networking dept at my college, Im making a star wars fan film with my friends (Im doing the cgi character animation, voice overs, special fx, and some music) Im making a beatemup game with another friend.