How does work ACTION_COMBINE ?

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
LordXYP
Apprentice

How does work ACTION_COMBINE ?

Post by LordXYP »

HI all,

I'm triyng to use ACTION_COMBINE, but the tow objet party have on hands seems to be destroyed and nothing is created.
Could someone explain me how does work this function plz, and where is created the new objet ?

THX ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is a 'combine' option in the convert tabs in the individual item properties - one of the items should have this as null, and the other should have a new item or action as a result of the combination

The new object will be created in hand
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

I dont anderstand.
Could you give me a example with two objects please ? For example an axe and a staff ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, imagine you create a clone of a staff called clone_of_staff
You create an action_combine attack, called 'axe head' which needs an axe and a clone_of_staff

The axe, being an RTC item, has no properties

In the clone_of_staff object menu (the menu you would find when you create the clone) then you go to the 'convert' tab, and then on this screen go to the 'combine' tab. Under new object you could put, say, staff_axe

staff_axe would be another new clone that is an axehead on a huge long pole
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

OK but in our example, if in game a player want to use the attack axe_head, must he have clone_staff in a hand and the axe in the second hand ? Or the method could be used carrying only one off the two object ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

He needs both items in hand - action_combine looks at both hands, and takes the items out of the hands using the 'combine convert' action that is the property of the item
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

OK i've anderstood. I would create a new objet having new methods combining for example a axe and a full potion to make an axe having fireball capacity ... then i think i'll make this using another way ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok

One warning - I can't find how to make an attack option do the combine, which is stupid as I know it's very doable! So ask someone else if you have problems (I might just be blind!)
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Ok thx ;)
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Another question plz : in attack property i found that on_full_bro_neta is a 50 strengh spell. I would know how is strengh the fire-shield crated by a mon_full_bro_neta spell. Could you help me ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I am guessing, I think the attack option is a cheat that gives a spell-like effect wit the same strength

The actual spell properties are editable and in the spell menu, so you can see all values of the spell