how to change picture colours to CSB`s

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

how to change picture colours to CSB`s

Post by Adamo »

I need to change some pictures to DM/CSB style colour palette. Anyone knows, how to do this in GIMP (sorry for my ignorance)? I have resized them, but CSB pictures has 16 indexed colours and pictures I want to add has a lot more colours, so they doesn`t fit to CSB. Thx for help!!!
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

ADGE automatically corrects the colours, and updates to the nearest one when importing bitmaps
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Oh, another 'trick' I did, when using DMExtract was to copy the picture I was working on to the clipboard, and then 'paste' into a DM bitmap that was already open. (I tend to use just 'paint') This just about sorted out the colours into the new palette, though some of the darker tones needed to be adjusted.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If you have photoshop, I have all the palettes available, and as long as you remap palettes while in indexed mode, any extracted graphics will take on their correct colours with the correct palete applied.

Be careful of adge -- a couple of it's colours are not quite right so things get mapped incorrectly. The 2 swapped blues (colours 9 & 10) are wrong for a start -- if you use the lighter of the blues in your monster as grabbed from a screenshot, for example, adge won't map it correctly and it'll be mapped to the darker blue.