Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
adelie
Neophyte

Post by adelie »

Hmm, I believe I've solved a certain puzzle up there, but didn't seem to have any effect from it. Perhaps more investigation is in order.

And just learned why one of my characters needed to drink so much water all the time. There are so many little details that not everyone is capable of seeing.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Behind the grate with the torch holder is the area you need to have looked at - if you sovled it fully then this should yeild what you need.
adelie
Neophyte

Post by adelie »

Ah, Gando had banged his head on one wall too few. What was needed has been found.

Now Gando is off to bang his head on some more walls, as something that he had dived all the way to the spiders nest for in his early life at great personal risk is available in abundance for the taking.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

With the volume on, tapping the walls with the hand makes a noise for real walls and no noise for fake walls
adelie
Neophyte

Post by adelie »

That is known, just a bad habit he's picked up from travelling so long alone with Zed. (Which is also why he is still on the frontline even after reviving two of the guildmasters, he still puts Halk to shame...)
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I am running ConfluxIIIk on the PocketPC!

It is not easy without a keyboard and mouse. And the
damn thing insists on recording my moves so that I have
to keep deleting the recordings so as not to fill up
memory. And the sound is not exactly what Zyx intended.
We probably need a way to disable recording and a
method of disabling 'Background' sound-effects.

But "Wow"----This has got to be the biggest, most-
complicated game the PocketPC has seen.

If anyone wants to try this, please let me know. I will
post a copy for testing purposes.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Paul Stevens wrote:This has got to be the biggest, most-
complicated game the PocketPC has seen.
http://www.pocketgamer.org/reviews/simulations/simcity/

http://www.piranhasoft.de/en/ge/screenshots.html

http://www.crimsonfire.com/kq3/

:wink:
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

Hi everyone !
I really need help on that maze : where can I find a empty flask or a kath vinegar, please ?
Why can't I access every riddle mentioned in the topic ?
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

kath vinegars are upstairs from the main cellar - you either use the square key to open the door that way, or you go up the stairs beside the tapestries and rat scratches

You get the flask with this final ngredient

I dont' udnerstand what you mean by being able to access every riddle on this topic...
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

Ok thanks, stuck at Mips riddle... Any french release on the way ?
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
InsomniaDMX
Novice

Post by InsomniaDMX »

I'm pretty far into the dungeon, and I'm playing with Leif and Linflas. I've unlocked the fighters guild master, and I solved the wizard riddle. I'm kinda stuck in a place I don't want to be in though...

Before I ask questions, I want you guys to know that I think this is one of the best games I played, the new graphics, enemies, and level design work together for a wickedly awesome combination. Oh yeah, the hints are very well written!

Spoilers:

I was wandering away from the dwarf fortress, and I just killed some golden dragon. I've been checking out what's inside of the pits, just about every time I see one, and I accidentially climbed down into "Pit D." Somehow I survived and all the "strange and wonderful" sights had me writing over all my saves. I'm stuck down at the bottom. Is it possible for me to escape? I got to this room where a dark grey-robed dude warped me into a room with a fake wall and some of those evil little thief guys. If I can somehow make it through that, could I get back up to a safe place? I wouldn't mind waiting for the next release before I start over if I'm permanently stuck. Thanks! ^_^
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

"Oh yeah, the hints are very well written!"

Why thank you :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Seoub - no french release on the way, as zyx I think has given enough to the cause of dungeon making for a lifetime, don't you! The way to get a french release would be if you ant to write out all the french dalogue yourself and ask someone nicely to incorporate it into the dungeon!

As for the MIPS puzzle - I can tell you mips stands for might, influence (remember cast your influence) power and ..oh, I forget what the other two stand for actually, but they make sense thinking like that as solutions to getting past doors or getting through doors : )

Insomnai, you accidentally met the dark chancellor... I can't remmeber where he has teleported you, but yes, eevrything is very connected so you can get through that puzzle and find a safe pace. If you meet him again, you can infact defeat him - you just need to be quick footed and quick witted. Someone, infact, who can survive pit D should be able to survive quite well. The sets of stairs are all safe points to save and play from, though only if he isn't close by to do the teleporting whammy on you.

THe 'stairs of ashes' (they have ashes on them) lead all the way back up to the skeleton halls, if you can defeat a large stone dragon and open the doors then these stairs will lead you back up if you find yourself there again.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

InsomniaDMX:

May I ask how long you have been playing? In
game time? When you set the window size to
1 there is a timer counter that tells the time in
units of 1/6 second.
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

beowuuf wrote:Seoub - no french release on the way, as zyx I think has given enough to the cause of dungeon making for a lifetime, don't you! The way to get a french release would be if you ant to write out all the french dalogue yourself and ask someone nicely to incorporate it into the dungeon!
Well, so if I ask to the DM_WIN creators the opportunity to translate it into french, will they accept ? :roll:
And a small question about Conflux : do YA VEN make some damage to enemies ?
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
InsomniaDMX
Novice

Post by InsomniaDMX »

Paul Stevens wrote:InsomniaDMX:

May I ask how long you have been playing? In
game time? When you set the window size to
1 there is a timer counter that tells the time in
units of 1/6 second.
Ummm... About "220650." Why do you ask?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

probably because surviving a pit d fall to the bottom is bloody impressive ; )
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

About "220650." Why do you ask
That is about 10 hours. So I am impressed that
you could get so much accomplished in that
amount of time. I played for hours on end and
never seemed to get very far.

It is also impressive that the game seems so
stable that I have heard no complaints about
crashes and such for months.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Time for a 1.0 engine release yet? Or may be 10.0 : )
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

9.963 is waiting in the wings for confirmation
from the Linux team and the Nokia team.

Nothing different about it.....just solidifying it
for all three platforms. Also some graphics
cheats for a PocketPC-like device with 240x240
screen. When everyone agrees that they like
it, we will release it as 10.0 and pretty much call
it quits (Famous last words) except for repairs
or perhaps another platform. I guess that even
macintosh people should be happy now that they
are running on Intel hardware with Windows
emulation.
InsomniaDMX
Novice

Post by InsomniaDMX »

Paul Stevens wrote:That is about 10 hours.
I got where I was before, my hd crashed, that's why I got back in such a short time, I already knew most of what to do. Also, I'm only using two people, makes leveling up a lot faster.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, i used to play with just Leif quite happily

Hmm,i guess you are using an old version if you can pregress so far with only two people...
InsomniaDMX
Novice

Post by InsomniaDMX »

I got my version from here about three weeks ago. Maybe four.

Edit: If that's not the newest one, please give me a link. Thanks!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, that sounds right...hmm, did you get to the council level before you fell through the pit d?

There is a block stopping further progress without a full party i nthe newest version, I hope you aren't going ot get blocked by it (i assume you can get around it even if deeper though)
InsomniaDMX
Novice

Post by InsomniaDMX »

I fell into Pit D in a tomb/crypt place, there was a lot of skeletons, and some emo looking things. Of course I got there by falling through a pit, in the spider level I think.

Edit: Oh, I finally escaped through "The Thief Maze" or something like that. It had a bunch of gigglers inside. I was warped eventually into the spider level.

Zyx: If you read this, forget about my original post, it's possible to escape, and I did, so you don't have to fix my save. Thanks for listening to me though.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

ah, you hadn't fallen as far as i thought - nm : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

$eoub!!! wrote: Well, so if I ask to the DM_WIN creators the opportunity to translate it into french, will they accept ? :roll:
And a small question about Conflux : do YA VEN make some damage to enemies ?
Ya Ven should do damage like any missile. This spell should be particularly effective against heavily armoured monsters.

I would gladly help for a translation of the game. Know, however, that it is a huge task.
CSBuild can dump all the texts into a single file. Maybe Paul could then add an "import texts" function?

Anyway, let's start with a small task: $eoub, you could translate the docs to begin with, I'll prepare the textdump for the next step.
bgates1654
Neophyte

Post by bgates1654 »

So... what level should one find an axe on. I could use a decent weapon.

I have been progressing nicely through conflux 3 now. It is an awesome experience. I am still having trouble finding the items for guild enhancement but I can go up to the artisan level now. I was stumped on the preist riddle, so I just started trying to shove things in the slot. I dont know why I didnt think of the answer... its so obvious yet so obscure at the same time. Funny thing was I had just enough despite using them liberally.

Can the extra Zo potions be used to get more flasks from the cubby in the cellar?

In the sewers "pray" area I went down the pit where you end up. Big mistake... the spiders WTF owned me in a hurry. They are a bit like glass cannons, but my guys couldnt deal the kind of damage that puts them down in a hurry without taking gobs of damage. Whats up with some of them double hitting (with very fast refresh times) and having about 10times the HP of the other spiders? I did find a way back up though.

Back to conflux :) Hope I didnt do any spoilers... I tried to be careful.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can only get one flask from the flask quest. Extra zo potions can have occasional other uses but if you have too many they merely make nice floor decorations

As for the axe...umm, sorry, i forget now! There are a few dotted around, but the one I know for sure is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down deep where none but the brave dare to go!
InsomniaDMX
Novice

Post by InsomniaDMX »

I think it's better if I just bump this thread than add a new one.

I've gotten a bit further, but I'm stuck in a few places, and I'd love a little push in the right direction.

The first three are the only really important ones.

Spoilers:
1: What is the altar of roses for? I emptied the room of green blobs, but there seemes to be nothing inside.
2: I found the lost wand, but I have no clue how to get out of the room.
3: What does the ultimate sacrifice spell do but hurt me? I used a skullseed as an item, but I just lost about 20 HP.