new competition à proposer

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Le sourd

new competition à proposer

Post by Le sourd »

Hello fans of DM et CSB

I propose new competition comme your competition avec 19 min de petesteven... :)

You devez finished DM or CSB aux conditions suivantes:
-kill all monsters si c'est possible (but no monsters-générateurs)
-résoudre all énigmes

ensuite, on regarde des new records. can-you game on this compétition?(excuse me mon english is nul... :(

BYE-BYE
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Re: new competition à proposer

Post by PaulH »

I don't think this could work as you have put it, as the conditions and boundaries will be impossible to define and could be interpreted in many ways. A better proposal would be to kill a certain amount per level, or say the dragon, the golems and all knights and demons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, it's how i usually play DM - kill all creatures possible, do all areas possible
Doing it for speed, and working out which should be killable on CSB would be harder, but not impossible
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I agree. From these movies very much could be learned.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Le sourd

Post by Le sourd »

Ok. Tant pis. Thank you quand même.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Mais non il n'y a pas de tant pis! Moi je veux voir une compétition comme ça!

Well, I think someone should really start this 'clean the dungeon race'. And with a 4 characters team, that would be really nice to see, play is different with 4 or with only 1.
Who is going to make a record like that?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

How do you know when you have 'cleaned the dungeon' completely? What if you missed a giggler? How do you know if it has been generated or not? You would have to know the workings of the dungeon really well to do this (I suspect a lot of us do) but people may dispute a recording. We need some definitions here. I am happy to have an attempt but I think it is far too easy to run into problems regarding validity of claims.

Another point is that certain sections require a 'choice' of ways, such as the key of b doors. We know it is possible to clear both sections by using the monster dropped key on the other door, but do we have to do this? And what about the 3 ways on the next level? You can buy another cross key, but you'll always be missing a section out.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

but that was covered under generated monsters - things like gigglers in 8 and 10 you cna't help but generating...

And I guess a negative points system - if you think you've done it, then after DMute shows soemhting obvious, then that claim gets a point score attached to it

As for the doors thing - i do do the two paths on 10, and while i sometimes do a second cross key door that is backtracking, so would need a vote
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ok....

First thing, I can't read French very well, so if I am stating the obvious or points covered previously, then I apologise.

Items in the game: I take it we have to collect things like gems, coins, swords etc. Or do we? Or just some of them? For instance the magnifier on level 10. You don't really need it, but it is part of the game. There are many blue gems, do we pick them all up and carry them, or what? What items are considered important?

Also, the shortcut on the worm level; do you do the shortcut, then backtrack?

Where do you use the last skeleton key? Should you kill all the fire pits?

???
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Also, do we have to do it in one go, or can we record in sections?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

And do you jump down all the pits????

I think that it should be EVERYTHING ie every room, pits that leads somewhere where you can't get by other means (such as the ones on the early levels that you usually avoid) ALL coins, gems, staffs swords etc should be collected and deposited in a set place except items that are inherent of monsters such as rockpiles and rocks, falchions from skeletons etc EXCEPT for a stone club. On level 11 you should miss out the water path as there are more monsters in the others. Maybe we can ignore scrolls and torches and items of food. Maybe not...
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I don't think this should be a race. All I want to see is how other people solve the game, all of the game, without leaving out any rooms.
To compare these movies with your own tactics and strategies could be quite interesting, even if if they are not staged as a race.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

i have done this already a while ago. Took me like 6 hours, i had got all of the items in the game in that room below supplies for the quick, paul has seen. It was filled with bugs and you couldnt watch the end of it. Paul might still have a copy of it, i do but it crashes alot earlier. I had killed every bad guy and done every puzzle including the wrath of god (fireball machine at the end). I had done it in 1 go with one reincarnated character, no pasting and cutting of different sections. If someone wants to see it post your email here, you cant see the very end though a whole bunch of items dissapeared out of a chest. To see if an item or badguy is still left look on the check thing in the options in csbwin.
Le sourd

Post by Le sourd »

Snif snif.... bououhhh!!!! ouiiinnnnn!!!! I want to look the movies of new competition! I love the competition of movies. arghhh...

Can-you propose a new competition? ouaf? ouaf? non?

I understand you refused a new competition car trop hard...

Thank you quand même...