RTC CSB Elven Boots

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

RTC CSB Elven Boots

Post by Lunever »

How do I get at hte Elven boots and the stormring at 03/19/15 (Encyclopaedia coordinates)? Entering that corridor teleports the party immediately into the pit at the end of the corridor. <br> <p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Dermott Cassidy
Neophyte

Re: RTC CSB Elven Boots

Post by Dermott Cassidy »

Lunever wrote:How do I get at hte Elven boots and the stormring at 03/19/15 (Encyclopaedia coordinates)? Entering that corridor teleports the party immediately into the pit at the end of the corridor. <br> <p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
You have to time it right, by allowing the party to face the alcove containing prizes, take one at a time whilst stepping right, against the teleport. this should work for you. Finish by stepping right back onto the zoom trail.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Yes, it works. Although saving before does not hurt, I repeatedly broke some of my party's bones while trying to get those items...

Regards, PitD
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

As you might have noticed, that question is pretty old. If I remember correctly, in some early version of RTC there was a bug which did exactly what I described in my post above, it teleported the party immediately into that pit, without the neccessary delay to get out again, even if you had perfect timing with an unencumbered unharmed speedboot-wearers-only party.
But that bug was fixed by George long ago, so this doesn't matter anymore.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

glad to hear that ;)
and now you can watch my 1st moderator-action in this forum:
*closed*

SCNR