Feel the fear... and do it anyway

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

wait a min.. now *I'm* lost.. I swear I've not seen the 37 for a year at least. :S

maybe mentally blocking it?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Just a quick update: Have been in the new job for 2 weeks now, and have already finished two projects! My next project is redesigning the company's own website, which I'm very much looking forward to. I'm really enjoying the new job, it's very laid back, and I am back in my home town centre where lots of my friends work, so am getting back into meeting them for lunch and things. It's all good!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Good news indeed! I'm glad of this whole new page of fate you're writting for yourself (or you're being written into, depending on your philosophy)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

glad it turned out so well and going so fruitfully then!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Blimey, haven't touched this thread for a while! I've been in that job over a year now, can't believe how fast it's gone! Enjoying it quite a bit in fact, nice bunch of people and I'm finally getting to re-design the new company website which is going really well...

On another note, I'm rebuilding my portfolio -- no, I'm not looking for another job, I just need to ditch my old resonant edge site as it's way out of date and doesn't reflect where my skills are or very much else about me.

I'm going to keep resonantedge as a personal site -- a repository for projects such as TRX.

My new site will be a portfolio of my current skills/work and will also include a blog. I want a name that could act as a 'company' name but also a kind of virtual hang-out.

I ditched that Syra Studios idea. I've a few others that I quite like, what do you think?:

Lightspire
Tankerville
Everstate
Ivypoint
Leafhound
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

What about
Lightville
Tankerstate
Everpoint
Ivyhound
Leafspire?
:p
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, I thought of those too! :P

Seriously, the names I suggested have meanings to me. At the moment I'm edging towards tankerville -- great for a blog name, not so great as a trading name though....
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Everstate I think sounds good. Lightville might be good aswell, but then it sounds place name and isn't your original name!

Cool its going so well though