[Custom dungeon] Dark Reign [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Re: New User Dungeon from a Newbie.

Post by vexirk356 »

Yep it was an object I had to throw through the door. I did that and found a coin slot but......I don't have any change - couldn't spare me a coin for a cup of tea could ya gov??
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Maybe a 'copper' will come along and 'elp you. Or you should go find one ;D

I think, like me, you will have just pressed the red buttons in the correct order. I pressed them once in a way, and nothing happened as I hadn't spotted the chest shifted, I pressed them again and it worked.

I think the teleporter stays on, so once you press the button, the chest will zip to the next place once it finally moves.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I'm on level 3 or 4 (I never count the levels), it's been great so far. I wish I had more time for playing it.

But I'm still thinking about something from the previous levels - on level 1 (or 2?), there is a coin slot (it's at the end of the level, the first coin slot in the game, in a room with a water fountain and an alcove with 2 gold coins, as far as I remember). If you put a silver coin (found previously in the game) into the slot, it opens a gate and you can continue. But you can also insert the two gold coins into the slot - without any obvious result. Is it a bug or do these two gold coins open or do something somewhere?
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ooh, one of thre mages had two gold coins, and I found two ore, so it must be some bonus thing somewhere that I did not do

I'm convinced I am pretty far, with a topaz, skeleton and 5 winged keys - so that must mean I have missed alto of winged keys :( I thought I had alot
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

money
On Master

Post by money »

lol - I've even spent a lot of time down in the torture chamber, man do you level up fast down there - or die, and even some great dragon steaks!! But alas i still have not found the last 2 remaining winged keys :( (I've emailed the request though!)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Meh, I have three to find, and haven't foudn the torture chamber. And I thought I had checked every wall as I walked around. Then again, needing to backtrack for an area sometimes means I've missed bits - I would not have found the topaz door without the hint above, I either did not find it before, or forgot all about it

Went all the way back to the start to retrace my steps - I think the coin slot is a 'haha' for using up gold coins, will check on the way back

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I am down to where I have to use the 2 blood keys so I am progressing quite well. I have 6 winged keys but haven't found the skeleton keys yet (maybe someone could let me know where it is). I know that I left a door unopened on one of the upper levels - I think it was one of the doors that had a keyhole with a blue square next to it so obviously I need a special key for that. Anyway I am, progressing onwardly down and if I have to back track then so be it.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

After unlocking the room with the second blood key I am in a room with some hazes which I can't get past. Is anybody this far down yet and have you worked out how to get past them. If so could you let me know please.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Regarding the question about the gold coins from Jan I just saw the gold coins in the alcoves, then the coin slot and just by instinct put them both in the slot. When that didn't open the door and used the silver coin which opened the door. It didn't occur to me to just use the silver coin. I mean why would you when there are two gold coins sitting there with a coin slot beside them. Mind you I haven't found another use for the coins and I am down a few levels so I guess it was just a programming error. Maybe Saumun can comment on this.
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

From what I read, I got the impression that this first trial to make a dungeon wasn't the worst one :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The hazes are very easy actually - just map their effects, or rather their location. Or, to put it another way - hazes that aren't advancing you towards you goal are actually sending you out to the edge of the hazes again. Push forward where you can, as long as you know which way is forward!

Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The gold coins on the first level are just dummies left there to encourage you to use them in that particular slot. Only the silver coin is of any use.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Thanks. That's exactly what I thought. :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
money
On Master

Post by money »

Sauman, first off - thanks for a great dungeon! It's very addictive and enjoyable. I found the last two keys on levels 4 and 6... and have enjoyed the RA key level untill... I have pressed 3 (i think) of the buttons in the middle section of the RA Key room. When i try to get to the 4th button a wall keeps appearing in front of me. I've tried 'sneaking' up on it, tried to enter from the other side of the dungeon, tried throwing things at the switch, tried blasting and hitting the wall, looked for another switch in the RA room (both inner and outer).. but I'm a little stuck what i've not done! Any help :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Have you tried backing in to it? That was a favourite trick of CSB. Have you tried dropping all your equipment incase there is a possession you should not have? Given Sauman's humour, perhaps the last switch is not needed - you've checked for other switches though, so I don't know what the alternate mechanism could be

I'm not there yet, just thinking ideas through

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Thanks beowuff I am now through the hazes (both of them) and have opened up the iron door which has released loads of rats (DRUMSTICKS). There is a coin slot in this room and a slot for yet another blood key - please tell me they are in this room somewhere. A pit has also opened up which I have fallen through and just found 2 objects down there and a transporter to transport me up again (pretty pointless). I have noticed that in the recess at the other side of the pit there is a button - question is how do you get across the pit to press the button.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, I was scared too, but each of those rooms has the coin and blood key releasable inside them

Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Thanks Money...

A small switch should have appeared just inside the main door to the central room (the door that had the three pits in front of it). This deactivaes the reappearing wall.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Vexirk...

Find a small switch on the outside of the central room that the rats were in. It's almost opposite where you came into this section after the last blood door. This opens a pasageway with the Gor coin at the end.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Thanks beowuff it was just that last switch I was looking for. I now have 7 winged keys and used the 4th blood key (I think) I am now outside a solid wooden door with a door requiring a further blood key just down the corridor. I have found a switch which brought up a teleporter, I stepped in this and it just took me to somewhere where I had already been. Can I hack/fireball this wooden door or do I have to find yet another button to open it. I have already searched the area pretty thoroughly but can't see a switch but sometimes its like looking for the proverbiable needle in a haystack.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Another switch, I think, but it is closeby

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I have now progressed to the 4 light touches level and used the corbamite on 3 of the hazes. I can't get into the last door as I only have 7 winged keys - aaaaaah. There is another door here that doesn't appear to have a key. Does this perhaps hold the 8th winged key I need or does this open when I have put the corbamite in the last haze. Does anyone know if there is another winged key I may have missed nearby. The last one a got was in one of the rooms I opened with a blood key.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The door only opens when you put the last corbamite in. There is a winged key on each of the first eight levels. The one in the room opened with the blood key is the eighth and last, so you must have missed an earlier one. I can give you the winged key locations if you want to save the pain of backtracking and searching.

email me at smiffy74uk@yahoo.co.uk

I used a gmx address to sign up to the forum and can be contacted through this, but i check this less frequently than my yahoo address.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, am I right in thinking there is a teleporter to get out of the torture chamber? If so - where? I have killed every creature known to DM down there... well, not quite, but it feels like it! The twists and turns and instantly respawning critters make it difficult to check for any buttons or anything like that.

Rooms and areas I have been to - demon guarding a ring, golem guarding a shield, room of skeletons, dragon's lair. Oh, and I got the corinet somewhere too. Did I miss a turning? A switch?

I managed to find one of my missing three winged keys on level three, a lever I hadn't flicked or something. I wanna get back to that search now!

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, the twisting turns of the dungeon indeed meant I missed an area I haven't been down - a few more weapons, a few more critters from the rogue's gallery. Thank goodness I took all the water I could!

Edit: wow, every inch of self control is going in to not swearing in joy as I have finally found the teleporter! The onyl question is do I backtrack for the other path close, given the regeneration of things all around, or leap through now and get back to looking for winged keys...

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Have I missed the Torture Chamber somewhere along the line, as I can't remember what you have just described (I think I would remeber that nightmare of a place). When you said it contained a winged key I thought ah thats where it is!!!! I am at the 4 light touches level so do I have to backtrack to find this place. Grateful for anyhelp. Beowuuf did you find the winged key on the 3 is the number level (or something like that). I think its the one with the teleporter in front of the door you then enter a room with 4 hazes in and then go to number 3.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Sorry misread your message concerning the winged key - thought it was in the torture chamber. If there is no winged key there I am keeping clear!!!!!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think your sanity could well do with avoiding that place, yes!

It's the 'long haul for a short drop' area, where there is a pit sitting all innocent like. Also, Sauman has mis-remembered the drop disctance, it's actually up to four levels in some places, so make sure anyone attempting it, you have shields in place and good health!

So far I have found two of the three keys I missed. In both cases, it genuinely has been missing an area in the twisting labyrinth. What I am doing now is walkign the whole levels, using ZOKATHRA as markers on decision points. One where I have been, and one on the way I am walking. If I think I will need to backtrack, I place a second item with the zokathra that leads back the way I came.

The first key I missed was on level...umm, three? Where there is a medium sized room with mummies and rocks and antmen , with a single room in the centre. I forgot to flick a revealled lever, or never found it, and so missed the revealed path to the key.

The second one, I think, was on the next level. I found a gold key early weirdly in one way out of two of a room that I'd just compeltely forgotten about near the start. I carried on, and in a huge room was a teleporter in the centre. One of the paths (I think) I had not taken before, leading to a gold key door, which had the winged key behind it. So yeah, i would have been weirded out if I had a gold key I hadn't used, but I didn't realise since I'd missed that too!

If you know the levels you got winged keys on, I would definitely recommend the zokathra path marking while retracing your steps

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

beowuff does that mean you now have ALL the winged keys?
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I have missed one winged key as I said earlier (Saumun is going to email me the locations) but I have a funny feeling its behind a door I couldn't open on around the 3 or 4th level that required a blue key or at least the key hold had a blue square beside it. I have looked around that area and can't find that one blue key.