Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

1: I guess there´s nothing to be looted except maybe some seeds and roses but my memory is failing on this.
2: You can leave without the wand, just put it back in the alcove. You´ll need a key to leave with the wand.
3: It´s a powerful spell for cases of severe injuries, even lethal ones. (I think)
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

I've started replaying Conflux III - Competition... but I'm stuck on the Kath Vinegar level. The Kath bombs don't work at all!

Even if I put them in hand and use "THROW" command (which worked like that in the Beta). Any possible solution?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I've never made them work (you sure they triggered soemthing in one of the beta releases?), but you don't need to - there's always a way out that doens't involving hacking and slashing
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Maybe they need to be in the floor? I really don' t remember, but I´m sure there was a way to make them explode.
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

I'm going through the completion too. If anyone has clues or advice to these questions please PM or use the micro type encoding.

My party are trying to prove their innocence a 2nd time but I keep failing. Do I need to clear out the wrong items from my party's previous trial? Did I screw myself by manufacturing the needed parts for the 2nd part of the trial instead of doing it the proper way?

Circus Games

Any clues about saving the slaves? Is it a game of skill or chance?

Is the puppet dancing master a game or just something to watch?

I got a pit closed and a door opened in the joggler giggler arena. Does that mean I solved it?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The trial is simple - if you possess any of the wrong items the you fail. NOT just from the second time (so if you are carrying around all three items somehow, then you are automatically going to fail.

The clue is whizzing passed you - or you are whizzing passed the clue. Solve that clue, and there is an obvious target to 'show' it too

Umm, it is a skillful game, but one I have only ever managed to do when a bug allowed worms into the level! There didn't used to be anything important there

A game I beleive

Oh, sorry, yes, that is the circus game solved - however, the poor other critters carry on rushing around - they aren't very bright :(
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

For the trial, you must keep a low, humble profile.
Saving the slaves is about timing and observation.
Puppet dancer is just a spectacle.
The joggler is solved, you may want to look closer at the door that opened.
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

Passed the trial a second time, after I looked into all my bags and found the offending item. In going through the trial MANY times I discovered a way to get all the trial items out! Is that a bug Zyx?

Weapon question - Is the melee from the katana, sarbre, and waraxe the same in damage, attack rate, to hit?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

could you pm me about the way the keep all the items?

attack rate should be the same, while damage and to hit should be different according to the type of weapon.
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

My stuff got cursed! I was able pay to get them uncursed, but I am wondering what did the cursing. Anyone know?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Vecna can be a prime candidate, some items are naturally cursed, and there is a spell aswell...
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

Discovered the spell. I thought it was a scare monster spell, because the same sound gets played when a weapon is "brandish"ed.
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

Cool! I fell down a pit from the sewer and found the tomb of the dragonslayer! I must have ran past that pit a hundred times. Also I fought a red critter that was nearly all mouth and eyes. Was that the eye tyrant?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, the eye tyrant is much later on and much much harder

And lol, yeah, you might want to start investigating pits in confluc

You know, not ALL of them, but alot of them :D
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

I killed that eye tyrant and destroyed the darc armour. I'm working on gothmog's ending now.

How do I use the scroll of teleport? I tried the oh spell but that is a meaningless spell.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

two teleport scrolls (out of five) are bugged in this version. Congratulations, you found one of them!
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

I just went through the ninja guild ending. I have some questions about the guild endings.

I found the big book of secerts and eye of vecna. The game text tells me that the book can't be read or held by mortals. So I tried putting the eye of vecna in the headslot of one of my party to read the book. no dice. Do I need the hands of vecna as well? Eating the eye doesn't do anything productive. Is elven mail the best protection or is the dragon/torso plate better. Can I get the playerbones from the future machine to avoid the sacrifice? Gothmog has visions of saving his friends from the power of the firestaff. The two scrolls of teleport I have found so far are duds. Also a scroll in the future machine says something about learning the spell of vitality or vigor. Any clues?

Oh yeah, thanks Zyx! It's been an awesome run so far.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. That isn't a puzzle, just a red herring/flavour thing I believe. Still, interesting what you tried
2. I think that the plate is still better
3. Very good thinking...
4. That scroll is not being literal - it's mnore a flavour text about life I believe!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

4. That scroll is not being literal. Or is it?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Who knows! Oh, right, that would be you, the creator of the dungeon :D
snichele
Apprentice

Some help needed...

Post by snichele »

Ok here I come with some questions :
- I tried to put something on the head of my character wich is supposed to heal him (as hinted in a scroll...) : but nothing seems to really happen. Is this a joke or ?
- After that, I tried various other items. I found that the blasting spore can be put on the head too ! Again, no effect. A bug, or a feature ?
- Some area where I'm really jammed:
- figher guild riddle : does the item starts with a A and end with a E ? If so, is there any easy to get on upper levels ? Or must I venture really deep (for exemple, the 'grave of king under the mountain'(or wathever is his name)...)
- ninja guild : where is that damn C(...)S for the riddle ? Same questions as above... I hope it's not hidden in a really low level ! :)
- wizard guild : god I have no idea ! "Bane of feather" ? Didn't really get it... any hint ? Hint oracle didn't helped me ...
- guilds area : hint oracle is always talking about being creative, knock and such. I must say that I knocked on every wall, and didn't really found any "WOW" secret there. Just found an hidden character on priest temple with a cool shield, ok. Anything else (if we exclude the elevator) that I miss ?
- iron temple : so much riddle on walls !!!!!! "Theorem of humility", "Ashes to ashes" and so on. Is there secret manipulations ? Or is this hint for later ?
- tree of fear an courage : blasted him, ok, the hint oracle talks about digging in the roots... can we really dig ????

So much quesetions ! :)
Thanks in advance for your help,

seb.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Salut !

If you didn't go below the spider level, you didn't go very deep.
You can bypass the spider level in any case.

Fighter Guild : As the riddle states, the "forest foe" is also a dwarven item, and therefore should be sought in dwarven places, not far below.
Wizard Guild : Write the riddle down, it helps to think about it.

Bon Courage :D
What Is Your Quest ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Re: Some help needed...

Post by Parallax »

I'll answer what I can.

Face items might be bugs (broken mechanic in the first case, and bug in the second.) Or maybe it's supposed to heal a poisoned status or something, I don't know, I've never seen any effect from it either.

Ninja guild. You should look carefully in the northwestern part of the labyrinth, above the cellar (on the guild level, but it's not accessible directly from the guild.) The item you are thinking of is only found in a few locations in the game, and this is the closest one. I overlooked it and was unable to progress in ninja levels for the longest time.

Wizard's guild. Think of an item that wizards use in conjunction with feathers. Also, your answer should be deposited into the door frame on your right, while facing it. For future reference, there are several other places in the dungeon where you can interact with door frames in this manner.

Guilds: knocking is good but only beyond the riddle points. You won't find anything before that I am aware of.

Iron temple. Most of the "riddles" are actually hints for later. And there are quite a few inscriptions that never made sense to me. Probably the hints went way over my head, or I never even knew there was a riddle.

The tree of ultimate boredom. It can be killed. It's not worth it.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Face items are just a joke. The tree of fear and courage has a branch of fear and courage.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Some of the iron temple comments as simple pylosophies, others in jokes (trolin making blue volcanoes, for instance)

The branch of fear and courage is actually pretty special, though I think the option its special for doens't seem as powerful as other items that have it
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

So ! :)
- figher guild riddle :
The item i was thinking of was ok ! And I found one in the dwarf mines... but that costed me a lot of rat's killing if you see what I mean ! :)
- ninja guild : Found the item on the 'vinegar' level as hinted! ;) Again, some heavy killing...
- wizard guild : Ok my problem was that i wasn't cliking high enough on the door's lintel ! 8)

More questions, now :
1, Axe an rapier area : there is a thief trapped behind a machinery, with an eye nearby. But whereas axe and rapier have clues, there is no clue on the machinery's one. How can I guess which is the good item to show ?

2, The repository: lot's of riddle there ! Is there any really valuable item there, or is this only basic loot ? Must I really sacrifice some objects like rope, mirror, and so ?

3, Vinegar area : I pressed two hidden buttons, but nothing seems to happen ? The bag of 'luck stones' is usefull, or not (hope not...) ? The map shows some moving walls on one of the teleporting room (with the vinegar bottles on floor) but I didn't found any way to open them... does this open from the other side ?

4, Crypt : zombies (ripped from EOB) are hideous ! I blasted them with several = fireball but they didn't breaked a sweat ! Furthermore, they are draining all of my life ! Any hint to burst them ?

5, Cellar : I used to step on grid to make rat's spawning, as they are such a valuable food source ! But after a while, they appear to spawn more an more sparsely ! Is this normal ? Must I really say goodbye to this valuable source of steaks ?

5, Vecna : Do I need a special item to kill this one ? Or firepower is enough ? (ven cloud, fireball, lightning and so )

6, Spells : 'Mischievous bag' : is this usefull or not ? It seems to produce only junk... 'keen hearing' : what the hell does this do ??? 'invisibility' is there any visual way to know if we really are 'invisible' ? The is a spell that produce darkness too, but is labelled differently (don't remember the name on the scroll). Did i missed something ?

Ok, enough for now ! :)
Thanks in advance,

seb.
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

God i've just discovered a place where you pray godess libra (with a glass window and a strange torch burning - and i can't make nothing with for an obvious reason if you know where the place is). Is this useful or not ???
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

It's useful if one of your character is a follower of Libra, prone to prayer and devotion. But it's not useful to the point of restarting the game just for that.
What Is Your Quest ?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Joramund could you PM me more on that ? ;)
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

1. By "axe and rapier area" I'm assuming you mean the trading post. The gnome there is the trader. You can trade (fur for meat if I recall) unless you kill him. If you kill him the trading mechanism will quit working.

2. The riddles give some marginally useful items, and cost some marginally useful items as well. I do not recall anything earth-shattering to be found there, but if you like riddles it's a good place.

4. Zombies and other undead: maces and clubs work best. Save your mana for healing.

5 bis. I doubt you will kill Vecna with magic. Once again, save your mana for healing. It should be noted that killing Vecna is not necessary to win and might bring you more grief than it is worth. You've been warned.

6. Mischevious bag i buggy but extremely useful, when used properly. Keen hearing extends your hearing range and is generally not very useful.