DM themed play-by-post D&D game : OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: DM themed play-by-post D&D game : OOC thread

Post by beowuuf »

Not a problem, you did warn us this would be a busy period of time! Will nudge the story on a little in response to money's actions tonight, and we'll see what occurs Thursday :)
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

LOL why does Ameena's title say 'Banned user'? I sense this has something to do with Trantor, but im not sure what...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not me, someone else having fun at her expense.

To genuineily change the subject completely - YOU GUYS HAVE MAE IT THROUGH A YEAR AND A HALF OF GAME! AND YOU ROCK!

Thanks for many, many fun hundreds and thousands of posts! :D
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Wow, and I didn't know the OOC thread was over 100 pages either.

I've checked out an rpg forum with Play By Posts and it seems that making it to 40 pages is a bit of a success for these sort of things. None make it to 100 (one nearly does). So well done GM!

I think one of the many reason that this one is doing so well is in fact the OOC thread! I reckon people are just chatting and 'gelling' more.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Also I think people are putting more effort into each post... Hmmm
raixel

Post by raixel »

Sometimes I just dont have time or am not feeling creative. Then sometimes I spend a lot of time, or get a really good idea. Its probably blatantly obvious to you guys which ones are which :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's you guys that have carried it on, I#ve just put obstacles in your way as and when :) Cool that even when there's a lull for a character for a day, you guys have a firm grip of your character and can usually add some details regarding their thought process, believes, magic or history.

Or if you are Ian, you can make Raixel spit out the drink she foolishly started drinking :D

But yeah, I reckon you are right with the OOC stuff Ian. I think about a third is game related discussions, the rest just seems to be spitballing, which is perfect :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Heyyy, who changed my title? I didn't notice that till you just pointed it out - Sure it wasn't you, Wuffy? Are you only rpretending to do an innocent face? ;)
Meanwhile, yeah, it's cool this has lasted so long - it's been great fun and everything so far :D. It's also the only place I can get my DND fix for now (even if it isn't 4th edition) since the current one at club finished the other day. Oh well, we'll be starting something else which should hopefully be fun instead :).
Still want to play DnD, though, lol. Want to try my Skype idea with someone and see how it goes (it is possible to have conversations with and send files to multiple people at once, 'cause I've checked, but even to do it with only one person would be cool)...maybe I can persuade someone when I have time and I spot someone online who might be persuadable and in a relatively close-by timezone, lol.
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Yip. Got Skype and would happy to try it out but my problem is the time! It's why this PbP thing is cool. Just one sentence at times is all you can manage while on other days you can just spitball as much as you like!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hehe yeah...I remember you are on my Skype thingy Ian...but haven't seen you online there since that fist time we met up after adding each other. I can still send you that music, you know, if you still want it ;). So yeah, when we both have a couple of hours or whatever we can sort that out and start a DnD game if you want :). It's something that would need to be discussed and a few things sorted out before we started actually playing anyway.
On another note, I think it's really quite good timing that Wuffy just happens to have managed to disappear my character the day before I bugger off on holiday for two weeks and will probably therefore be without Internet (though if the opportunity presents itself...;)) till I get back in the middle of the month. It's almost like he found out about it previously through some other means, such as me PMing him and mentioning it or something ;).
So yeah, I'm gonna be away for a while, on holiday in Sri Lanka so I dunno whether I'll be able to get any Internet access (and even if I do, my character sheet and dice are gonna be over here in England so I won't be able to do any mechanical character stuff...actually wait, there are online dice rollers and my character sheet is up on the forum...hmm...) until I get back, which will be at about midnight on the 15th/16th. I'll get online ASAP after I wake up/recover from being partially dead when I get back though, and will change my Skype thought-bubble-thingy to reflect it as well as start working my way through the several tons of posting which will have occurred on my various forums while I've been away. I don't leave till 3pm today so I can still post before then, though I do still have a few things to pack (wash stuff, mainly) and might have some lunch as well. So anyway, yeah...no me in the game for a couple of weeks :O.

Post by raixel »

Have fun in Sri Lanka! Wow, thats an interesting place to go.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Ohh, forgot to say - will be away this weekend starting from Friday afternoon. Not as exciting as Sri Lanker!

Noooow I know where PC's go when their Masters go on holiday - To Soorec.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, an oddly timed transition... And yes, if PC's are lucky, they go to Soorec. If they are unlucky, they get eaten :D
raixel

Post by raixel »

So I suppose the game is on hold now. Well, if you count it from friday afternoon my time. Its prolly fri night over there.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'll do a little update at some point soon just to nudge you guys a little, and obviously you can say what rest stuff you want to do, but I guess so :(

Obviously, Petal is free to internalise a few things over the weekend, but yeah, a weekend off really!

Of course, there's a promised second part of the bika stuff, and you can always look ahead to the game you'll be hosting if you want. I already have a strong idea for the character I want to play, so that might be fun to bounce around!
raixel

Post by raixel »

Sure!! Ive been starting to write out ideas. Go ahead and pm me with stuff. I'm also gonna have to wait until this game ends just so what im working on doesnt clash, but the basic plot ive got going so far(without spoiling, but I put it in spoiler tags anyway)
Spoiler
is that Petal leaves after this campaign to go try and cleanse her village and take news of the chaos magic to pixies. Growlgra(who did escape Chaos - depending on events of this campaign before I finalize how, and reunited with Petal afterward) is concerned because he hasnt heard from her in a few months, and thats unusual because he had been recieving regular sendings. So, it would take plac probably around 9mo -year after the final events of this campaign.
Planning on having a lot of it be above ground with some samll dungeons. Im aiming on fleshing out the world a bit, have the chars visit towns (gonna use towns besides Viborg from custom dungeons that would fit the world, with the owners consent of course, and think itd be real cool if I can get said owners to give me a brief rundown of their city(s). Im really hoping Zyx will let me use the city Conflux takes place under. (HEH HEH HEH TROLIN SEWER j/k)

And Bika thing should be up in a day or so.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Well we survived the weekend once more :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, who knows if that will last in to the week!

Raixel warned she would be away yesterday, not sure if it will extend in to today. I'll update in a little bit, anyway.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Will make a proper post tomorrow when I am more awake. The fruit sounds tasty
raixel

Post by raixel »

I am back for now, but I might be gone again soon. Will let you all know if i need to take off suddenly.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok! :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As you might have noticed, LB is back on the forum, and he's also interested in getting back in to the game!

Though I'm not sure, Raixel might have needed to take off as she said. Then again, it's only been a day, so perhaps I'm jumping the ggun :p Ian, I assume you are happy to wait a little bit (or even pause until the start of next week) just in case?
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Sure no probs to wait here. In fact I had to request a new password to be sent to me today - twice! I'm losing it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

O.O Lol, wow. I've had to recover passwords myself, sometimes multiple times on a site, just I usually have to wait a while between times! :)

You give your brain a rest! Or is our website being horrible to you?
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

While there may well be a bug in phpBB, I think it would be safe to say creating a topic called "ian_scho's password" would be a safer bet for creating a happier customer.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You're on facebook, you can always send me a PM, which in turn sends an e-mail to my normal mail, so there's two chances for me to deal with that for you :)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Fortunately the people at phpBB have already thought of the idiots like me and the "forgotton password" thing works a treat!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Just a quick hello from the Ranweli Holiday Village on the West Coast of Sri Lanka :). I'll see if I can get online for a few minutes or so maybe for the next few days too - we head back on Tuesday, flight is at something like 11am local time, and we get back at something like 7:45pm UK time. I'll get online ASAP after I get back as long as I'm not too knackered ;).
And then I can get back to playing the game :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Good to see you post! The game has slowed down anyway, so you won't have missed much really!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Blimey! You can't come back!?... No wait, let me say that again. I mean to say that you've only just left us!

Hope all goes well, and tell us about the food.