What's your favourite lager?

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I have never liked tequila, and certainly can't even stand the smell after a certain incident involving a game of alcoholic shithead, a game of alcoholic tekken, and...nm

Disclaimer: I don't drink that much either, honest.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Ages ago, they used the huge glass or wooden pots in tavernbrawls( frays?). I think they are either used as a bludeoning weapon or thrown over short distances. Just kidding :)
You can put into such a pot 1.0 litres + foam of 1 inch

There are contests, like at the OKTOBERFEST maybe, were women try to hold one of these drinking pot s for as long as they can, arms stretched forwards.(Do you get it? A test of strength)
There is also one that manages to carry around over 12 of these, filled, without spilling a drop, for 40 m (or the like)
so much for sports;

Selie when hearing the word beer you probably think of sticky surfaces and probably the sweet smell of yeast..

The german beer comes in glass bottles or in cans or tins. There are kegs, too, but these are not very common i think. Alk is legal at the age of 16 here. You may drink virtually everywhere, i.e. there is no fee for drinking in public as in Liverpool.

This leads to festivities that rely heavily on alcoholic beverages.
the motto is often : booze and barf
so this is how one grows up here. I think in the US, people make similar experiences, but at a different age.

It seems as if the constant use of alcohol has had it´s effects on the bavarian dialect, which seems to be rather aggressive/forceful and generally more direct than german.Bavarian has similar grammar as french. e.g. the Double negating or to say thank you (-->merci).

One kind of beer, the WEISSBIER i think, is said to make the female bosom bigger. Due to hops or yeast.

Well you may get the expression as if we drink much beer here, which may be perfectly right.
I do not think that the occasional beer neccessarily results in alcoholics, more likely in beer bellies.
oh well: i read in a daily newspaper , not s.th. like the Sun or such, that 1 litre of beer or half a litre of wine (preferrably red wine?) is proven to enhance intelligence.!!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

zoooom wrote:1 litre of beer or half a litre of wine (preferrably red wine?) is proven to enhance intelligence.!!
yeah, that will make us rock the next PISA :lol:
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

"Allohol macht Birne hohl, Birne hohl, mehr Platz für Allohol"

I should add that there are differing opinions on that one litre per day of beer.

Most likely you get addicted to it if you´ll do that over months years?
I heard in the radio a broadcasting on the topic alcohol and additctiion.
If you start drinking regularly, you are an addict,,wether this is daily or weekly or monthly or whatever. oh well.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Im a JD & Coke man myself but when I do have the odd pint, its normally a 1664 or a Stella.
DaveTheMiller
Apprentice

Post by DaveTheMiller »

I like a nice cold pint of Stella in the lager stakes, John Smiths from the ale side, can't beat a Red Aftershock on a cold winters night.

Speaking of Stella does anyone remember when it was cheap and French? Now it's Belgian and the most expensive on the market.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

I'm not a real big fan of alcoholic beverages. This probably doesn't count, but the only thing I'll drink in abundance, even at social gatherings, is Smirnoff Ice. It has a nice lemony flavor and you can barely taste the alcohol. If it contains hard liquor, it better taste like candy and have a lot of ice or I'm not going to finish it. Alcohol is an acquired taste, and not one I particular want to acquire.
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

I'm a tea-totaler. :)