[Custom dungeon] Dark Reign [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: New User Dungeon from a Newbie.

Post by Jan »

I'm not going to read posts in this forum anymore! It scares me and makes me feel small, silly and unimportant. I thought I've spent ages in this dungeon, and now I'm finding I've completed only about first 10 % of the game!
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
money
On Master

Post by money »

lol - you'll be back ;)
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Can someone tell me if those little wizards on the Ra level are regenerating or when I have killed them all they stay killed. There seem to be an awful lot of them and I am gradually starving.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Jan

Keep going the worst bit of a game is the end and you have nothing left to do till the next game comes out.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I imagine like the torture chamber there will be a high regeneration. Try not moving!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

@Money: :roll:

@Vexirk: "nothing left to do"? I've got my work! I can get back to playing this game only next weekend. :( Till then, I can only read this forum through...
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I can recreate the torture chamber journey if you like?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

money
On Master

Post by money »

From what i could tell the monsters seem to regenerat on all the lower levels with some consistentcy. On the RA level i don't think they regenerate in the first few passages while your getting to the main part of the level - but past this they seem to regenerate fairly often. If your starving it may be worth going back to the "3's the answer level" - this was really usefull for me as the screamer room at the beginning of the level provides a fairly good source of food.. There are also some dog things that breath fire a level or two down - another good source although I dont think they re-generate :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey, thanks both vex and money for sending me the key locations. Level five, the teleporter near the end. I'm sure I recognise that teleporter being there. What I don't recognise is the location you said that teleporter went to - a room with four actually numbered teleporters

Sounds like the hiding place of the last winged key to me! Just need to find my way out of the torture chamber, and I'm back in business! Many,many thanks!

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sadness! Despite two people giving me the placements, I'm convinced I've been to them all!

The end teleporter/door at the end of level 5, I know seem to recall so I think I have done it. Yet I'm pretty sure I can rule out all the other areas! The level 2 area is the one I managed to snap when I came back.

Weird, there's just somewhere I think I've been that I haven't and I can't figure it out. I'll need to sweep from level 1 again

Am I right in thinking each key was in an ornate alcove?

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Yes. One to be careful with is on the Play with Fire level. Its the one where you have to stand on a plate and throw an object through an open door. In that corridor prior to this is a green button. This opens open a portcullis which you have to go back to. I got so involved in other things that I nearly forgot about it. And sure enough its another winged key.

FOOD WARNING
Before proceeding out of the blood keys areas stock up with plenty of drumsticks from the rats. Drop anything you don't need and fill every space with food. Believe me when you come to the Ra key area and beyond you will need as much food as possible as it takes ages and ages and ages to get through believe me. After that you have some death knights to fight your way through. Oh before I forget can someone tell me that has gone through to the Ra Key area in the last death night room it needed a skeleton key to open something up. I back tracked so far trying to find this key, so a: where is the skeleton key and b: does it hold anything important.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Thank....buddah!

The place I thought I got the winged key from on level 6, I didn't. I kept spotting the tiny switch I'd clicked at the end of the level by all the doors. However, perhaps because I keep tapping walls, I totally missed the obvious bgger switch by the door.

Winged key then RA level here I come!!! WOOHOO!

Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Vex...

The Skeleton Key on that level is hidden in the last long corridor before the stairs. A switch in this area can take you back to the death knight rooms to save backtracking. The Skeleton Keys are not essential. I put them in as a quick route back to the screamer room, as food is not in great abundance on the lower levels.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

You are not kidding about the food being scarce Soumun. When I got beyond the Ra key level I literally had players dying of hunger. I couldn't go any further so I had to restart one of my earlier games and get anough food to see me through the Ra level. I have now done that bit and am on to the bit where you have to press a small switch just outside of the door but I just keep going around and around, can't quite work out what I am supposed to be doing here.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

beowuuf don't cheer just yet - wait until you see whats comming!!!!!!!!!!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Finished the RA level, and have decided to call it a night, just got through a grate on the level below and killed a couple of spiders.

Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Money....

Thank you very much for playing and i'm glad you enjoyed it. I must admit that i was somewhat pensive about posting the dungeon in the first place since i was a newcomer and hadn't played any other user dungeons. With so many other user dungeons and experienced players, i half expected it to go largely unnoticed. I have to say i am absolutely delighted that people have taken the time to play it.

I had to iron out a few problems along the way, and will definately seek to get any further dungeons play tested before i post them. So... Many thanks to your good self, Beowuuf, Vexirk, Jan, and Trantor (for making me look harder for dead ends).

I actually finished Dark Reign a couple of months ago and started a new dungeon. This has stalled somewhat, and i have not touched it for a few weeks. I now feel a renewed vigour and hope to get back to it soon.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Vex...

There is a teleport when you step under the door frame. Check for a tiny switch just before the first door. This opens a wall with a green button that turns the teleport off.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Thanks Saumun I worked it out just after I sent my message. I should really look before I write.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

What I want to know is how beowuuf took a week to get all the winged keys yet managed to get through the Ra Level in one night!!!!!!!!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The answer to one is stupidity, the answer to the other is skill. I will leave you to decide which is which ;D

Having a tough party helps!

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I have just reached the "Do not wake me" and I have a strange feeling that I may need the boots of speed which I left some way behind. Well I am assuming I do unless someone knows different. beowuuf is keeping very quite on the forum tonight so I assume he is charging away from the pack.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

exactly the opposite, on phone all night and now in bed trying to sleep...badly it seem! money already beat us all by coming in later and already finishing!

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

beowuuf as your in bed your just the man to solve the do not wake me. Have you reached that far yet?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

zzz

money
On Master

Post by money »

hi Vexirk,

not sure if you managed it - but to do the "do not wake me" corridor you need to
Spoiler
step on the plate and run fast past the first pit, then time your run over the second pit and finally - throw anything forwards and then run and side step into the space... but make sure you use a fire shield spell as I was unable to get passed without taking at least 1 hit and these fireballs are mighty powerfull..
Hope that helps... then you have the feed me puzzle to solve ;)
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Hi money, I thought thats how its done. Don't know if I am fast enough to do that though without the boots of speed which would obviously help. Did you manage it with the boots?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I noitced something odd with the teleport trial - clicking on the arrow keys is faster than clicking on the keyboard

Try that!

vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Beowuuf

I did. Tried with both the mouse and the keyboard. I am starting a game from the beginning just to see if I can locate the boots of speed. I know I have seen them somewhere but like your elusive winged key can't quite remember where. Where are you in the game at the moment?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I have a single pair, but not found any more than that. The speed boost only happens if you have all four people in the sadly.

At the moment I am at the start of the level below the RA level, that corridor where you get spun around.