Mirror that only lets you resurrect a character

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Mirror that only lets you resurrect a character

Post by Trantor »

Ok, I'm feeling VERY stupid once again (as usual when I'm fiddling around with RTC) as I can't seem to do something that's probably very easy. I'd like to do a mirror that only enables you to resurrect the character in it. I cloned a mirror and set it to "Resurrect only", but the mirror still shows both the "Resurrect" and the "Reincarnate" options. No matter which one I click, the character gets resurrected, though, so my efforts are already a partial success...

I'm very sure that I saw a custom dungeon or two, though, that only featured the "Resurrection" icon. How do I achieve this? I don't know if it is important, but I also want another mirror that gives you the option of Resurrecting or Reincarnating in the same dungeon. Thanks in advance! :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Mirror that only lets you resurrect a character

Post by Gambit37 »

The image displayed is not an inherent property of the "resurrect only" mirror type, the bitmap is controlled separately: In the seetings for your cloned mirror, go to the Bitmaps tab, look at the Mirror Bitmaps section, and select the correct image.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

D'oh! As I said, it was something rather obvious, but still too high above my head... Thanks a lot Gambit! :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You're welcome :-) Stuff like this is really easy to miss in the editor, so don't feel too stupid; I do that all the time!