Spells in all old and news RTC-Dungeon

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
LordXYP
Apprentice

Spells in all old and news RTC-Dungeon

Post by LordXYP »

Is it a topic about all spells we can find in all old and new dungeons ?

I'm creating a new dungeon, and i would use some spells that i think they're used in others dungeons created with RTCeditor by others DM-fanatics like me ;)

Then i would know if it is possible to create a topic (this one for example) about all spells and rune-combination used in old and new dungeon : then from a dungeon to another one, our players will use same runes to do sames spells.

Thanks a lot.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Discovering the spells is part of the amazement in a custom dungeon with custom magic (like conflux). It would be a spoiler to reveal them.

Most custom dungeons use the normal set of spells, though.

If you want to use new spell with new runewords, I suggest you define their recipe not according to other dungeons but regarding :
- what element they use, what they do, are they aligned
- is the spell supposed to be very difficult to cast (hence using all three rune types and probably the last ones of the list, like des/zo bro/gor ra/sar) or easy ( :arrow: a very powerful spell with easy casting is unbalanced)
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Wll, the designer can always share them, and we can make a spoiler warning

Thouh, of course, soem new spells (eg in SS) are linked to dungeon mechanics that would also need replicated, so not much poitn listing them here!
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Yes i agree with you Joramund, but i think that it would be more realistic in the DM-world if all dungeons designers decide together to use same runes to do same things.

Then for example : in my new dungeon i use a teleporting spell, another spell to spawn good monster ... Sorry but i dont know if in others dungeons created, there is those sort of spells; then i prefer to use a conbination of runes knowned by player playing other dungeons i havent played, than creating another one.

Isnt-it more realistic and logic ? Same spells to do sames things in all dungeons created.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This has already been discussed once, it might make sense for Dm world dungeons. The trouble is that even the 'common sense' runes are open to interpretation, and no dungeon can be backwardsly compatible (so anyway new rune combinations won't be useable in old dungeons)

I personally imagine that the runes can have different effects in different parts of the world - that ful ir perhaps only acts as a ful spell in an area in the world with less fire energy - ful ir ra would be needed to iinvoke a fireball as additional energy from the sun must be pushed

Anyway, that's cool if a core set of dungeon spells were agreed for Dm world dungeons, perhaps GG might even consent to make them avaialable in the RTC basic dungeon, but we really don't have such a range of dungeons that this idea might pick up, and even when yuo do, you will find others wish to get away from the DM world to do something different. Conflux is a perfect example, although this will probabyl not be seen in RTC any time soon (Parallax seems to have moved on to DSB!)