Starting over:CSBwin

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
TJE

Starting over:CSBwin

Post by TJE »

I originally had this game for the ST, my monitor eventually died before I managed to finish it, and I joined the masses in helping Bill Gates amass his fortune. Needless to say I was delighted when I discovered this site and looked forward to reliving my days of yore, crawling through dungeons. CSB is an amazing game and an amazing dungeon, and I hate it. My style of play through DM was to explore and see it all, clear a level find all the secrets, or those I was able too, and move on. That doesn't seem to work well in CSB, it's too non-linear. I'm playing, or have been, without consulting the hint oracle, maps or any walkthroughs, and it's beaten me. I'm at a point now where I'm trying to find what I appear to have missed so far and keep running into rooms full of mobs that make short work of my party. Two examples, both in Ku....First the Death Knight area, where you send them tumbling down the pit to thier demise, I missed a gold key one had on it my first time down there, now, the room is crawling with worms and my group runs out of mana long before they run out of worms. This brought back forgotten memories of my experiences while playing on the ST. Second is the room that opens up when you put the rock in the mouth of the Chaos face, I'm quickly corned by little red biters and just as quickly my party is bones on the floor. I admit it, the designers have beat me like the proverbial red-headed step child. So I'm calling it quits, I'm starting over and reading the bloddy walk through :cry:
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Watch a couple of the movies to see how easy it
is when you are well-versed in CSB's idiosyncrasies.