game character voting?

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ParuNexus
Adept

game character voting?

Post by ParuNexus »

*shakes off Turn to stone spell* been awhile...

ok here is question i'd like as many DM fans to answer:
Gamefaqs does this summer contest for game characters and I thought it might be fun just to toss in someone from the DM serries. Now i'm not following all the fanfic stuff or have any idea who is more popular. Hence why i'm asking. Also note, there is no way anyone from DM to be even a regional champanion. Heck as much as I love DM I seriously doubt any character would make it past the first round :(

With this still in mind what do you think about who is best to represent the serries?

Personally 1st choice is Gothmog then Lord Chaos.

I've never submited stuff to these contests so in all likely hood unless the character shows up on the list no one will know anytihng like who else voted etc.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Is it actually possible to influence gamefaqs so they would use a DM character? Even if there is (which I doubt), I don't think any DM character has any chance - and they probably should not anyway. The DM characters are actually not "characters" at all - none of them talk or do anything. You only have a portrait, the name and the stats. That hardly qualifies as a character. These characters are actually only what you make of it, with the exception of Alex, Syra, Nabi and Halk, since they are mentioned in the original manual and thus do possess some traits. But apart from not really being characters at all, DM is also so old that hardly anybody reading gamefaqs would remember them. So all in all, I don't think this is such a good idea.

But we could make a DM character battle here in this forum! I'd actually love to see that, and the people voting do know what they are voting for. In order to get enough votes, we could have each vote running for about a week. What would you say to that?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

But surely everyone sees different characters as being a different way? You've only gotta look at the stories by me, Beo, and BFS to see how differently we depict the same characters. I think we all used Hissssa and Gothmog didn't we? And Beo used Wuuf same as me? Or was that someone else...
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

lets make a vote :o
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

Re gamefaqs: Well I asume characters get elected by other people also mentioning the same characters. as for those people remebering DM sadly true the last time i checked all the DM forums there it was empty or spam.
then how aobut this idea....
this is very fun and popular on game forums @ Gamefaqs. it's called hurt and heal game. you take all the characters from the game give them 15 points each person picks one to hurt and one to heal. you can only do 1 point each. you can vote every 12 hours(basically twice a day). Each post must have the full roster. Infact just recently i even found a "best game in serries" so you could do DM, CSB, DM2, TQ & Nexus ;) then oh 150 messages or so do a clean cut, like 50% from each remaining character.

or if the server load is oto much or not that many people care just cut back more... maybe 5 points each. esp given the # of characters in each game.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I agree with the argument of there being no real characters in DM, and yup, we all used Gothmog, and I did have Wuuf (though his character was going to/will change in thestory too!) and both you and BFS used Hisssa I think
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i rarely use gothmog, sry guys;)
i'd still vote for him as kind of symbol.
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Wu Tse

for males we can put Mophus!
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

To represent the series, hmm... actually, I'd say Lord Chaos because, well, no matter who you put in your party, you're going up against Chaos. In both versions of the game. He even gets his name in the title of the second game! He is THE dude. So go with him.

I don't believe that's how GameFAQS works, sorry. I think they decide ahead of time which characters to put in, and then they randomly (HEH, I dont' believe this part) assign characters to a particular place in the tournament.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

ive missed too much, but heres mine anyway, hissssa, always used him, even for a solo character, so i know quite a lot about him
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I think hands down Gothmog is the most popular character because of the mystery attached to him. I skilled wizard. glowing eyes, the cloak of night. I mean the guy just reeks of coolness. Thing is though he's weak in strength but yet that never seemed to bother those I knew who used him.

I mean I know some people really didn't care for him but there is an awful lot of people who do.. or at the very least think he's a cool idea.

but to represent the series? You mean the games? It has to be Chaos.. I mean really. He's the point of it all.. even the grey lord doesn't get as much hype as Chaos. He's the reason the game is what it is. His twisted humour.. His visage.. the power and corruption. He is the essence of the games.

moo
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

halk maybe? the only char which is in both games, used in the story of dm, looks cool, ... just halk.