Did any poll so far have any countable effects ?

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Did any poll so far have any countable effects ?

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I have nursed the suspicion, that all the polls taken here so far (with the possible exception of the one about how to show dungeon maps which might be implemented at some point on the encyclopedia as Christophe indicated) have not really led to any actions taken. Any ideas on why that is so or how to change it? Otherwise, what are they for (not counting those who are purely for information purposes) ?

Regards, PitD
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, you can't simply make a poll for something and expect it to change.

otherwise I would be putting up a poll for "should I make more money" with two options, Yes, and Yes. :)

IF the poll is raised by a person who can make the changes then you can expect them to be made. However if you were to raise a poll to change something on someone elses forum or game.. don't expect them to change anything. It wasn't their idea in the first place. See what I mean?

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Yes. Since I was thinking along similar lines I was more interested in provoking some thought here than in actual answers. So the result probably is, that polls can only be used for "informal questions", everything else depends on your own programming/decoding abilities ... ;)

Regards, PitD