Cloning characters in CSB

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
guest999

Cloning characters in CSB

Post by guest999 »

Whilst playing around with ADGE.exe recently I tried changing the item drops for some of the dragons in the dragon den on CSB. Obviously some of the items in the list weren't actually available in the game (I couldn't get any of the potions to appear) but the game replaced them with other items, including some very heavy keys (up to 7kg in some cases).

The weird thing was that one of the dragons dropped the bones of my character (it was a 1 player game), not just any old bones as they were named - I've not seen this before and wasn't expecting it!! Has anyone come across this? I discarded the bones but now I wish I'd thrown them into an Altar of Vi to see if I can clone my character!! Maybe I'll try and recreate this if noone's seen it before.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

With CSBuild you can add party bones in the dungeon, and thus ressurrect a living character: the living character suddenly loses all his possessions and his stats are reduced.
guest999

Post by guest999 »

Maybe I'm glad I didn't bother then! What's the deal with the really heavy keys? They're not the same weight as the ones I was trying to create.

Oh, just wanted to say this site is great, stumbled across it last week after oooooh over 10 years away from the game and it's like I've never been away!! Thanks to all those who created it and maintain it.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

The heavy key is clearly a bug.
I guess you obtained items with name and icon from the key and with properties from another item. Try using the item or equipping it maybe?