The best team for you?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Snap

The best team for you?

Post by Snap »

Just for fun, tell me what's the best team for you;
Do you prefer the shadow warrior or the champion of good?
sucinum
Pal Master

Re: The best team for you?

Post by sucinum »

Lor has the better stats, but kazaii is much cooler :)
Snap

Post by Snap »

that's right! ;-)

have you looked at my question about my trouble with saves? I need help!...
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I care more about secondary attributes then the primary ones, so in this case Kazai is a much better character. And his portrait is much better. Poor Lor.
dav06

Post by dav06 »

The best team is with the dungeon master character's :
Iaido -- Alex -- Nabi -- Gothmog.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

There is no "best" team. There is only a best team for a certain strategy.
There was a thread about that:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=22453

For the ylassical front-warriors rear-mages type of playing I found Hissssa+Halk+Wuuf+Tiggy best.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

Talkin of that strategy I found that Sonja/Hawk and Chani/Wu Tse is a pretty good team.
Sonja and Hawk both have a pretty high Strength and Vitality as well as good dex Hisssa and Halk will later on have less life than those two... bad choice IMO apart from the fact that Sonja and Hawk are more intelligent as well -> better mages
Chani and Wu Tse are the most intelligent heros available... thats why I picked em as my mages

So far they are doing very well...
They are currently training at the screamer gen
How about this: reincarnate Halk, Hisssa, Wuuf and Tiggy and train them to Artisan fighter/ninja/Priest/Wizard - then tell me their values so that we can compare Ill note down mine when my group reaches those levels
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I agree with the choice of Hawk, he is a good character, especially with his high stamina. People who lose stamina/have low stamina annoy me due to the way I play the game. This is why I only usually take one or two characters, as I eventually find the back two too weak and hinder my progress. Training them gets boring!
If you really want to find the strengths and weaknesses of each character then the ultimate test is going for the quick game: your ideas and theories about the characters may differ after doing this.
My favourite character of all is Leif: well rounded for my style of playing in DM. I am not bothered about the anti-magic/antifire stats as my opinion is they make little difference anyway and besides I have completed whole games without being hit by a single spell.
As ever with this game, these are just opinions and I am sure there are many of you who play differently. Which is probably one of the best things about DM when you think about it.
Wil

Post by Wil »

I would recommend Halk, Daroou, Halk and Hissssa.
Reincarnate them and train them.
You will have a tough passage on level 4 (worms) because you will be very weak in magic (wasp, immaterial being), but after that, it becomes easy.
I took them for CSB as experts, adepts, and they look stronger than the characters from prison. They are doing very well, surviving very tough fights.
Advantage: 4 robust chars, who can carry much stuff and heavy armor, with a lot of HP, that (after training) never get tired, drink and eat little.
Try not to specialize too soon, see that each becomes adept in each discipline.
In CSB, Halk & Daroou do the fighting, Halk & Hissssa the casting.
Seoub

Post by Seoub »

I think everyone plays with 2 fighters forward...
but the first time I've played DM, I've chose 2 wizard/priests backward...

and now, I always take 1 ninja & 1 (good) wizard !!!

My favourite team is Antifire team :
Hissssa, Stamm, Iaido, Gothmog (very useful Cloak of night!)
Damien

Post by Damien »

Elija, Hissssa, Wuuf, Gando for DM
Slogar, Itza, Mantia, Kazai for CSB
El Cyanido

Post by El Cyanido »

I actually just prefer a 2 character team of Chani and Hissa.

Chani has the highest intelligence and Hissa's the strongest, plus you can start working on Hissa's wizardry/priest levels right away with Chani's Moonstone, and build up Chani's ninja levels before building up her fighter levels for a bit of extra strength, and at the higher (or indeed lower, level wise) levels, you can field a front-row ninja wearing the lyte armor, while Hissa wears the Darc armor and is a front row fighter.

It's definitely easier to field a 2-char team, IMHO. You can conserve food, doulbe your exp, (for 2 chars instead of 4) and usually if you build them up right then you can carry 2-3 weapons each and equip them for different situations.

If it comes down to only fielding one char, then it's Chani. I reckon her stats are the best for bulding up one char.
Flora

Post by Flora »

skelar and plague
quest

Post by quest »

Halk, Sonja,
Zed, Linflas
§koff

Post by §koff »

What the heck are you people talking about?? This is a CSB forum, not DM
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

oh, this thread went off topic long ago as they all do to just general good parties...chill, and answer the question yourself....
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Well, you could follow Brian Clevinger's Final Fantasy lineup, in which Red Mage, the most versitile member of the group (but also the sissiest) decides that he should stay in the back (very far back) so as to stay at his peak versatility (meaning he doesn't do any fighting at all...) www.nuklearpower.com (CHECK IT OUT! Funny mockery of Final Fantasy, RPG, D&D, and Dungeon Roving.)
Babe Bridou
Journeyman

Post by Babe Bridou »

My last run through the games was with Leyla and Sonja reincarnated.

DM was finished with about artisan levels (craftsman wizard, adept priest)
CSB was conquered with about expert levels (adept wizard, lo master priest)

So far the best team I had (but I always say that with each subsequent party :) )